The Death Star

The next thing I knew, Alderaan had vanished and we were being pulled into the gravitational field of what seemed to be a small moon. I glanced at the coordinates displayed on the ship's radar, my mind whirring. My father had spoken of a new battle station being made, and......

I took a deep breath, my fears confirmed.

"That's not a moon." I said softly, bowing my head. "It's a battle station. And by the looks of it, fully operational." Obi-Wan smiled sadly at me, nodding to acknowledge my assumption as true.

"Chewie, reverse the polarity." Han ordered, flicking switches on the console angrily, but to no avail. I sighed, worry building inside my chest.

Closing my eyes, I tried to focus on making myself as small as possible. I could sense my father onboard the Death Star, his mind filled with aimless gripes at the generals patrolling the ship, and an unquenchable anger at the clones for not having found me yet. Then his thoughts spiked.

Quickly, I pulled myself out of the trance, but it was too late. He had begun to feel me. I groaned, looking pointedly at Obi-Wan. He placed a gentle hand on my shoulder to calm me. "Lani." He instructed. "Breathe. Don't worry about what may come, we need you now."

I looked up apologetically. "Sorry," I said, standing up. "This is going to be hard." Obi-Wan stiffened. "I'm going to be like a blaring siren. My presence will give you all up. I could..."

I made to tell Obi-Wan of a simple plan that I knew my father's men would agree to (by saying I had talked a pilot into bringing me here) but the Jedi wouldn't hear it. He held a hand up to silence me, before we followed Han out of the cockpit and down the short hallway to a pair of cargo holds built specifically for smuggling.

I groaned.

"Hurry!" Han ordered, dropping me into the smaller hold and helping Ben in after. I squatted against the wall, making room for Obi-Wan while Han placed the tile above our heads, sealing is off.

"He knows I'm here."

There was a sigh from Obi-Wan, and though I couldn't read his expression on the dark, I could tell he was thinking hard on what to say. He paused before carefully speaking.

"Do you want to go back to him?" He asked gently.

"No." I said boldly. "I saw what he's done, what the empire is doing..... I'm never going back."

There was a slight chuckle, then heavy footsteps on the ramp. I clamped my hand over my mouth, silent as a mouse. Praying that my father had sent clones to do his dirty work, I shrunk against the cool metal wall, wishing myself into oblivion.