Luke Skywalker

I was scared. And running. Faster than I had ever before. There was something behind me, I could sense it. But all I could see was black. I was blinded. A humming filled my ears, and I turned this way and that, my lungs burning.

I couldn't escape. There was nothing I could do but run from the darkness. Run from the truth.

I opened my eyes with a start. It took me a moment before the past day's events came flooding back in a wave of sorrow. I had been separated from my father, shoot down to Tatooine, and stranded with no one but an old Jedi. Am old Jedi who would undoubtedly foil my head with lures against my father. Words that could never be true.

Old Ben spent the morning meditating. I didn't bother to disturb him, though I greatly wanted to. The planet was to serene, to quiet and desolate. I ventured outside, grabbing my brown cloak, longing for some noise, anything that could drag me out of the stupor.

I found my escape rather quickly, through a young man. His speeder was parked below him in the sand, and I could feel the presence of not just the handful of little robed creatures slowly advancing, but the aura of several more closing in. I sent one last glance at the cave the hermit lived in before pulling the dark good over my head, and grabbing the handle of my lightsaber.

But before I could advance, I felt a tug in my gut. I jumped slightly. Ben stood behind me, shaking his head. I rolled my eyes. Go ahead, Mr Smarty-pants. You can feel free to get clobbered by those little guys without a weapon on you. Your choice.

But instead of sneaking up on them, he advanced cautiously, his hood obscuring their before of his face, waving his arms in the air like a lunitic. I groaned, closing my eyes as the twin suns beat into my back.

When I looked up, the creatures has gone, vanishing workout a trace. Ben had stopped next to the boy, holding a hand out. Pulling him to his very, I heard him say, "Sandpeople. Easily frightened, but they will return soon, with greater numbers. Best be going now."

I turned to walk away, but Ben called out. "Lani, this young man was in the company of two droids." I groaned.

"I'm on it."