Avoiding the Truth

Lord Vader stiffened noticeably.

I tilted my head slightly, looking concerned, but he shrugged it off.

"Lani, how would you feel if I took you to Coruscant? Trained you to be a sith or the Emporer's Hand? You have great potential."

My mouth dropped open. Me, a servant, be trained as a sith? Of course, it was an offer I couldn't refuse.

Not trusting myself to speak, I nodded rapidly, my short hair falling into my eyes. "You really mean it?" I asked skeptically. Vader nodded. I cheered and jumped off my bed. I hugged him.

Blushing profusely, I took a step back, mumbling an apology. "I'm sorry. I sweat I won't do it again, sir."

Lord Vader stood up, placing a reassuring hand on my shoulder. "It's fine, Lani. Now let's get you packed up, shall we?"

I know, I know. He didn't even tell her the real truth. But never fear, it will all come out, in good time.

I dragged my suitcase behind me as I followed Lord Vader onboard of a sleek black ship, a model I didn't recognize, as it was much to posh for Dantooine royalty.

After being introduced to Moff Tarkin, Lord Vader showed me my room. It was small, built for the Co-pilot, but Lord Vader said it was all mine. Then I drifted off, a smile on my face.

Vader's POV

The hardest part of our truth journey to Coruscant was convincing Tarkin that Lani was worth the Emperor's time. I told him that she had more midi-chlorians that I had ever seen. Her presence was mite prominent than Obi-Wan's had ever been, and, with some training, could be worth Master Yoda.

But no matter what Darth Sidious thought, she was my daughter, though she didn't know it. And she was the inky thing I had left to hold onto.

Lani Shmi Skywalker. My daughter.