Part 3

"Mary, get in the car!" James herded his friends into the car.

"I don't want to!" Mary whined, sitting on the pavement in the parking lot.

"Mary, love, you can go home if you just get in the car. Otherwise, I will have to lift you in." James crouched in front of her.

Mary raised her arms, sitting up.

"What? What are you doing?" James frowned.

"Lift me," Mary demanded.

"Fine." James slung her over his shoulder, dropping her into a seat in the car.

"James, aren't you supposed to be driving?" Peter inquired.

"Regulus Arcturus Black, get your ass in the backseat." James looked over, struggling to buckle a giggling Lily into her seat.

"No!" Regulus laughed.

"I swear to Merlin if you lot don't sit in your proper seats, none of you are getting pancakes for breakfast!" James threatened.

"I call shotgun!" Regulus shouted, quickly switching seats.

"I want pancakes," Marlene whispered.

"Then get in. Moony, love, get in! Sirius Orion Black, get off of him!" James sighed, leaning against the car. "Why did I offer to drive?"

Sirius threw up in the bushes.

"Dear Merlin, just get in. It's a five-minute drive. I'll play music!" James bribed.

"I'm coming!" Sirius stumbled along.

"I like tacos." Remus blinked.

"I know, love, I know." James buckled his friends in. 

"Okay. Thank you, Prongs."

"Mhm. Now, loves. Sleep." 

"But, Prongs?"

"Yes, Remus?"

"I love you."

"I love you, too, Remus."

"James!" Lily called.

"Yes, Lily?" James sighed.

"I banged the bartender."

"Lily, I didn't need to know that. Good for you, but I didn't need to know that."

"Can you drive us to the house?"

"I'm trying, love. Does anybody else have anything they need to tell me now?"

"No! Drive!" Marlene shouted, clamping her hand over Mary's mouth.

As soon as James had parked in the driveway of his family's home, he turned and found everyone asleep. Everyone except for Regulus.

"You're not drunk at all, are you?" James asked quietly.

"I was for about an hour. I'm good now." Regulus shrugged.

"Amazing."

"James, do you regret anything from this evening?"

"That was right to the point. But, no. I don't regret anything, other than that I didn't say anything before."

"I feel the same. I'm glad this happened."

"Me too."

"James, when will we get there?" Remus mumbled.

"Oh, Moony. You're too drunk for this. Go inside." James frowned.

"How about no." Remus groaned.

"Reg, how do you feel about helping me carry these fools?" James muttered.