Chapter 6 • Seriously

.

*A Couple Days Later*

Chloe's Point of View

I hopped off Brett's motorcycle laughing at him. "Thanks for the ride." I said handing him the helmet. "No problem. It's the least I could do." He told me putting his arm around my shoulder. "I wonder what Coach will think of us." I told Brett making up scenarios in my head. "Like what?" He asked me smirking. "Like he's probably wondering what I'm doing with the opposing teams caption right now." I told him laughing.

"Well I'll walk you to the bleachers yeah?" Brett asked me. "Sure. Why not." I told him smiling. "Let's go. Where to?" He asked me looking around at the crowd. "With Mason and Liam." I told him pointing at the two boys near the bleachers. "Okay." He said while we walked to them. I saw the coach glance at us but I tried to laugh it off. "Hey guys." Brett told them waving. "Hey." Mason said. Liam nodded not really caring or acknowledging his presence. I just shook it off.

"I'll see you later?" He asked me. "Of course." I told him giving him a hug and a peck on the cheek. "Good luck." I told him watching him walk away. "Hey guys. You want a drink or something?" I asked them sitting next to Mason. "Maybe some water?" Liam asked shuffling his feet. "Of course be right back!" I told them walking off.

Liam's Point of View

"I don't care if he's a foot taller than me I think I can take him" I told Mason while he looked at Brett. "Yeah" Mason said looking where Brett was while he was putting on his jersey. "What do you think you're doing?" I told him glaring at Brett. "What? Me? Agreeing with you. Totally agreeing with you" Mason told me checking Brett out. I looked back at Brett to see him smirking at us while he adjusted his jersey. "You think he's hot don't you!" I told Mason while he was still looking at him. "no no not at all no way! Maybe? Yeah maybe a little." Mason said while he kept staring at Brett. "He wants to destroy me!" I told Mason.

"I think you can definitely take him and than give him to me." Mason said eyeing Brett again. I chuckled at Mason. He could make anyone's day. I saw Chloe coming back with the waters.

"Here." She told me handing two to me and one to Mason. "Um?" I asked kind of confused. Why two? "Oh one's for Garrett." She told me smiling. I guess she was over the party and Kira thing.

Chloe's Point of View

I looked at Brett to see him staring at me while talking to one of his teammates. I smiled at him but then looked back at Liam and Mason. "Dunbar! Get over here!" Coach yelled making Liam run to him. Poor boy. "Good luck!" I shouted at Liam making him turn back and smile. The scrimmage soon started and let's just say Devenford was off to a good start.

I watched as Kira made a shot. I started clapping wanting to cheer the team on of course. Coach started complaining and decided to bench Kira since it was about teamwork. I notice Garrett look at Scott but I decide to ignore it. Later Brett ran into Liam knocking him down. I stood up confused as to why Brett would do such a thing. I saw them talking but couldn't hear a thing. I watch Scott run up to him and checking him for something. But what?

I just sighed looking at Mason. "What's going on?" He asked me looking at the boys. "I have no idea. I would like to know too." I told him sitting back down. As soon as the game is over I notice Brett not their so I couldn't congratulate him on the win. I decide to go to the locker room to see if he's their. "I'll be back okay?" I asked Mason. He gave me a nod. So I left for the locker room.

I hear Violets voice and decide to walk faster. I open the door and see Brett on the floor. "You're worth a lot of money." She told him walking closer. I stayed back not wanting to do anything just yet. She started looping the wire around his neck and started pulling. I immediately start panicking. I hear a couple of footsteps and look to the door to see Scott walk in.