Chapter 18 • Problem

.

Liam's Point of View

I walk into my last period sitting down. How come Chloe hasn't showed up? Mason's giving me the cold shoulder. I groan and put my head down. This period is gonna take a long time.

Brett's Point of View

"Brett." I turned to see that Chloe was opening her eyes. "What?" I ask walking over to her. "What happened? Why am I here?" She asked starting to sit up. "Well, you ran out of the club mad and Brendon and I tried to stop you. But, you kept running and a truck was coming really fast and than-" I said trying to not be so descriptive. "Oh okay." She said playing with her fingers.

"Hi Chloe." Brendon smiled looking at her. She smiled back. "How are you feeling?" He asked her taking a seat on the bed. "I'm feeling pretty good. Do you guys know when I'll get out?" She asked looking between both of us. "No, I should probably go and tell the doctors you woke up though. I'll be right back." I said walking out. "Doctor!"

Chloe's Point of View

"Woah. Did I miss school? Please say no." I said moving around a bit more. "Yes, you did. But, it's going to be fine. You'll be excused and everything." Brendon said laughing. "What if I had a test? My GPA can't go down." I whined. "Chloe, you'll be fine. You're very smart okay." He smiled. "Fine. Do you know when I'll be released?" I asked.

"That's what Brett is finding out right now." He said. I nodded and sat down waiting for him to come back.

~one week later~

Chloe's Point of View

"Finally!" I yelled out loud running further into the ocean. Finally the beach. "This is nice isn't it?" Brendon asked splashing water towards me. "Yes! This is way better than being at a hospital." I said floating in the water. "When are Brett and Mason coming?" I asked looking towards the shore. "They should be here in ten minutes." Brendon said swimming around.

"Great. Have you guys told Scott I got out?" I asked standing still. "Yeah. He's really happy he plans on throwing you a little party." He laughed. "I should call him." I said swimming towards the shore. "Okay, I'll come with. Who knows if a kidnapper comes." He said. I nodded. We finally got their so I took out my phone turning it on. The messages and calls started coming in.

"Woah." I said watching it go on and on. "Wow. You were missed." He said watching. I swiped my phone ignoring all of them. "My mom already knows. Now I just need Scott to know." I said dialing him. "Hello?" He asked sounding confused. "Hi Scott!" I yelled through the phone. "Chloe! How are you? When did you get out. You're fine right-" I cut him off laughing.

"Hey, calm down with the questions. My phone was being like blown up. I'm fine, I'm pretty good. I got out this morning. Right now, I'm with Brendon at the beach. He said it would be nice to get away for the weekend." I said. "Oh, that's good. I'm glad you're fine. You know Liam-" I cut him off once again. "Can we not talk about that? Please." I said biting my lip.

"Oh, right. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that." He said lowering his voice. "Hey, it's fine I'll see you tomorrow. Please, don't get sad and all. I have to go Goodbye, I love you." I said hanging up after. "Wow, did he bring up Liam?" Brendon asked playing with the sand. "Yeah, but it was a mistake. He didn't know any better." I said shrugging.

"Hey guys!" Brett shouted. I turned around watching him and Mason make their way over to us. "We brought you tons of water. The doctor said it'd be best." Mason said with a fridge full of bottled waters. "Thank you." I hugged him. He smiled hugging back. "Of course. That's what best friends are for." He said. "Not all of them are the same." I said biting my lip. "Brett!" I shouted jumping up on him. "Hey Chloe. How are you feeling?" He asked supporting my weight with his arms.

"I'm feeling pretty good." I said. "Let's take the picture. It's about 1 in the afternoon and the sun is out." I said grabbing my camera from the bag they brought. I set a timer on it for 10 seconds. "Hurry! I set it for ten seconds!" I said. "Jump on my back!" Brendon yelled. I grabbed his arms jumping on his back. He grabbed my legs with his arms. We had about 5 seconds left. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders smiling. The camera flashes.

"Let's look at it." I said jumping off of Brendon. I grabbed my camera off the tripod. I looked at Brendon and I first. We look pretty good. I look at Brett and Mason and burst out laughing. "Look at your faces!" I said holding my stomach. Mason and Brett tried to mock Brendon and I's pose. But, it didn't work out.

"That's not fair! Retake!" Mason complained folding his arms. "It's cute." I said holding in my laugh. "Mhmm. Retake, I agree with Mason." Brett said putting the camera back on the tripod. "You guys act like girls!" I laughed. "I put ten seconds!" Brett yelled. "Let's take a normal picture." I said getting in between Mason and Brendon. "Yeah, so none of us will look bad." Mason said smirking.

"Exactly. Smile." I said smiling at the camera. "I'll check it!" Mason said running to the camera. "Okay, that's way better." He said showing us the camera. "Is that better?" I ask pinching Brett's cheeks. He rolled his eyes smiling. "We still look good." Brendon said smirking. "Agreed." I said.

"Can we swim now?" Mason asked putting the camera away. We all nodded. They took off their shirts throwing them on the towel. I took off my skirt along with my top. "Let's go!" I said grabbing Brendon's hand, running behind Mason and Brett