Chapter 22 • Lecture

~*~ signifies that it changed time/scenes

Chloe's Point of View

I waited in the living room with Scott. "Why are we having Liam come over?" I asked confused. I mean, we aren't fighting at the moment. "Not just Liam but Brett and Brendon." Scott said smiling. Okay? "Do they know they have to come?" I asked getting more comfortable. "Yes. I called Brett asking him to bring Brendon." He said. "And you're just telling me this now?" I asked rolling my eyes. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize I had to." He said smirking. I bit my lip not wanting him to believe he won. I texted Brendon right away. 'Scott cancelled the meeting why don't we do something else?' I clicked send.

"Who did you text?" He asked sitting forward. "Oh, I'm just asking them if they're on their way." I smiled. He nodded sitting back. I checked my phone seeing a reply. 'Okay how about we go to this party in Devenford? I'm outside by the way.' I quickly replied with an okay. "I'll be back I'm going to check the mail." I said getting up. Scott nodded going on his phone. I walked outside noticing Brendon in his car. I waved smiling and got in. "So, why did the meeting get cancelled?" He asked starting to drive away. "It didn't. But, Scott's planing to do something. I can tell." I said looking out the window.

"Okay, what about Brett?" He asked. "I'll text him to not show up. He can come with us to the party." I said taking out my phone. "That's a good idea. What was the meeting going to be about anyway?" He asked raising his eyebrows. "He probably wanted to ask you tons of questions and make me talk to Liam like we used to." I said sighing. He nodded and kept driving anyways.

~*~

I laughed at the blonde guy putting purple dye in his hair. "Is it temporary?" I asked Carly laughing. She nodded laughing too. "Wow. I'd never do that!" I exclaimed holding my stomach. My phone vibrated. I groaned taking it out. Liam. "One second, I'm going to take this." I said getting up. "Hello?" I ask closing the door behind me. "Where are you guys?" He asked. You could tell he was concerned. "We didn't end up going." I said curving the question. "Well yeah, I see that." He said irritated. "Hey, don't start getting annoyed. You called me." I pointed out. The door opened having Ariana smile towards me. 'What?' I mouthed towards her. She raised her eyebrows opening the door more. "Come on." She whispered grabbing my arm. I nodded. 'Just one minute.' I mouthed back. She nodded closing the door.

"Listen, I know we still aren't on good terms." He said sighing. "Liam, we're talking isn't that an improvement?" I asked crossing my arms. "Chloe, I know okay. Mason even noticed." He said. "Okay, true. How can I make it up to you?" I ask uncrossing my arms. "How about as soon as the party is over." He said. "Okay. What are we going to do?" I ask. "It's a surprise okay." He laughed. "Okay, bye. I'll see you later." I smiled. "See you soon." He said hanging up. I put my phone away going back inside. Wow, maybe it's working out.

~*~

I walked along the sidewalk eager to get to the coffee shop that Liam picked. I looked around noticing only a couple people. I feel like I'm in a horror film. Something even like American horror story. Man, that show is too good. I smiled to myself and kept walking. I heard a car halt to a stop making me turn around. I noticed two guys in the car get out walking up to me. What could they possibly want? Maybe they're lost? "Excuse me, are you lost?" I asked politely. They smirked and ignored my question. I furrowed my eyebrows and turned around. Maybe I should keep walking. I started speed walking.

They're at least a good 20 feet behind me. It doesn't seem like a lot but it helps. The footsteps behind started getting louder and faster. I picked up my pace running even more. I sighed as I got to the corner. I looked at time noticing they were catching up. I kept running hoping to at least reach the street next to the coffee shop. I'm pretty sure it's only 2 streets away. One of them caught up to me pulling at my shirt which caused it to rip off some of the sleeve. He pulled me back making me fall down. I kicked him in the face wanting to cry. He grabbed my skirt trying to pull me down with him only making it rip.

I ran away, I ran faster, at this moment I wished that I to was a werewolf. Maybe I could've outran them quicker. 1 more street. I finally got to the last street getting closer. One of the guys gained a couple feet ahead of the other. Keep going. I ran even faster, if that was possible. I saw the sign above the coffee shop. 'Cozy Cafe'. How cute is that?

"Help!" I screamed out loud hoping Liam could hear me. If he was there. I started feeling the tears reaching my eyes. No. This can't happen, who deserves something like this. "Hurry!" One of the guys shouted. I noticed the cafe door open and out came a good group of people. They were all confused but worried about what was going on. I noticed Liam push through the crowd. What a good day that I picked to wear yet again another skirt. He ran our way trying to meet up with me. The group of people started pulling out their phones. Liam was right in front of me in 5 seconds. Pulling me into a hug. I turned back to see the two guys running into a dark alley.

"What happened?" He asked noticing the rips in my outfit. "I-I think they were going to." I stopped not wanting to finish the sentence. I started crying as we walking into the cafe.