Chapter 15 • Festival Day

Chloe's Point of View

"Chloe!" Carly shouted making me turn around. "Yes?" I ask. I stop walking so she can catch up. "You're so eager to be here," she smiled. "Of course. I haven't hung out with you guys in ages!" I said exaggerating. "Agreed. It's been to long!" Katherine said joining in. "How long does it take guys to go get some food?" Melanie asked holding her stomach.

"Apparently more than 10 minutes," Jaidon laughed. "Guys, I need to use the restroom." Ariana said crossing her arms. "I'll go with you, let them stay here so the boys find them." Jaidon said dragging her along. "So, you and Liam huh?" Carly teased lightly bumping into me. "What? How do you even know?" I asked her raising an eyebrow. "Oh Brett just loves to tell us." She laughed.

"Well, it's good. Not to serious." I said shrugging my shoulders. "We got food!" Zander shouted. We watched the guys walk up to us. "Where'd Ariana and Melanie go?" Brett asked, handing us each a fruit salad. "They went to the restroom." Katherine said grabbing a fork from Brendon. "Let's go find a spot." Jaidon said.

"I agree. More people are starting to come." Brett said motioning for us to follow him. I looked over to see Zander and Katherine laughing together. Imagine Liam and I like that. But no, it's not serious. Plus, he kissed me while he was drunk. It's different. They pulled out a picnic blanket setting it down. It was big enough for all of us. "This is nice. Not having any plans and all." Jaidon said stretching back. "What did you do yesterday?" Brett asked.

"Oh, yesterday I slept over at Liam's with Mason. The bonfire party got out of control if you know what I mean." I said referring to the supernatural stuff. "Oh, right. That's it?" He asked, biting into a pineapple slice. "Well, Liam, Scott, Stiles and I went down to the lacrosse field to just mess around and play." I said beginning to eat my fruit salad. "How are you and Liam?" He asked me. A little smirk grew on his face. "Brett, you know it's not serious. He kissed me at the bonfire. But, he was drunk." I said rolling my eyes.

"Chloe, you know we can't get drunk." He said lowering his voice a bit. "I know. But somehow, he did along with Scott, Malia, and so on." I said leaning back. "You should talk to him." He said.

"I don't want to. I don't want it to be awkward and all." I said groaning. "You should though, trust me." He said, as the band started introducing themselves. "Okay."

~*~7:00 pm~*~

"Brendon, I have to go." I said leaning on his shoulder. "Do you want Brett to take you home?" He asked, looking at his watch. "Yes please, Scott doesn't want me home late." I said starting to stand up. "Hey guys, I'll see you tomorrow. I have to go." I said giving them each a hug. "Did you have fun?" Carly asked.

"Of course. It was great. Goodbye!" I said walking away with Brett. "Man, Chloe when are you going to grow a couple inches." He laughed. "Excuse me, I'm average. It's not my fault that you're like 10 feet tall." I said laughing. "I bet you even Liam's taller than you," he joked. "Haha very funny Brett." I said rolling my eyes. I mean, if I wear heels I'm taller than Liam. Does that count?

"I'm right?" He asked as we walked on the sidewalk. We had to walk home since Brett thought it would be more festivaly. Is that even a word? "Maybe." I said dragged the 'e'. "When are you two gonna start dating?" He asked kicking a small rock. "Brett!" I shouted pushing him to the side. "I'm sorry? Come on, we all know you two like each other." He said as we got closer to Beacon.

"I mean. Can we not? You always bring up Liam. What if I like someone else huh?" I ask looking up to him. "Like?" He asked raising one of his eyebrows. "Could be anyone," I shrugged. "Hmm lets see. It's either Liam, Brendon, or me." He said smirking. "What makes you think that you're one of them?" I asked. "I mean look at me. If I was a girl I would date myself."

"Okay, cocky much?" I said taking out my phone. "Oh, you gonna send Liam some kissy faces." He teased making kissing noises. "Brett stop." I said dialing my mom. "Muah muah muah." He mocked puckering his lips. "Hey, I'm almost home." I said knowing Scott picked up. Brett continued with his kissing noises probably thinking I was calling Liam. "Okay, um. Everything okay?" Scott asked. He was curious.

"Yeah, why?" I asked glaring at Brett. "Well, I hear kissing noises?" He said. More like a question. "Oh, that's Brett. He's being annoying as usual. I have to go." I said saying a quick goodbye. "Was that lover boy?" He asked smiling. "No, it was actually Scott." I smiled showing him my recent call. "What? Why didn't you tell me?" He asked his eyes going wide. "You seemed to be having fun." I said laughing.

" I said laughing

"I was not." He said looking over at me(^^like the gif). "Mhm sure Brett." I smirked as we turned onto my street. I heard him let out a chuckle making me laugh. "So, is Mr. Big Wolf gonna be able to get home safe?" I ask turning around. "Of course." He said. "I don't know. Maybe you should spend the night. I don't want you to get hurt." I said opening the door to my house. "No really, it's fine." He said leaning on the doorframe. "Brett, come on. You walked me all the way home. Get in. It looks like it's going to storm tonight. My mom won't care and Scott likes you. It's all good." I said pulling him inside with me.

"I don't have any extra clothes." He whined sitting on the couch. "Borrow some from Scott!" I said grabbing some cookies from the jar. "Okay." He said leaning back in the couch. "Come on." I said grabbing his hand. We walked upstairs to Scott's room swinging the door open. I looked in seeing Scott and Stiles with tons of papers and their laptops laid out. "Scott, can Brett borrow some clothes? He's spending the night here." I said looking over at the stack of papers.

"Yeah. Just get him some sweats and a shirt." Scott said pointing to his closet. "Um, I'm sorry but did I miss something?" Stiles asked looking between Brett, Scott, and I. "No?" Scott answered marking off something. "You're not even a little bit curious as to why he's spending the night?" Stiles asked him. Scott shrugged. "They're close friends. Nothing's going on."

"Thank you Scott." I smiled walking out of the room with Brett. I closed the door and walked to my room. "You can use my room to change. I'll go change in the bathroom." I said grabbed a pair of shorts and a baggy shirt. He nodded closing the door. I quickly changed eager to sleep. The festival was fun but also tiring. I walk back into my room to find a shirtless Brett laying on my bed.

"Brett, what about the shirt?" I asked finding the shirt on my desktop. "I don't sleep with a shirt on. It's weird." He said stretching his legs. "Well, you're getting the left side. So, if a murderer were to come in you'd die first." I smiled climbing into my side. "Wow, thanks I feel honored." He said laughing. "You're welcome. Now let's go to sleep. I'm tired." I said grabbing the blanket. I cuddled into the blanket closing my eyes.

I feel Brett's arm rest on my stomach. "Brett." I say turning around to look at him. "What?" He asked opening one of his eyes. "Come on." I say referring to his arm. "I've always been a cuddler. Get used to it." He smiled getting more comfortable. I shrug and decide to go to sleep