Chapter 11 • Pool

.

Chloe's Point of View

The bell rang making everyone get out of their seats. I grabbed my stuff getting up. I started walking to my locker noticing Liam quickly gathering his things. Why is he in such a rush? He didn't even bother to sit with Mason and I at lunch. So we sat with the pack today.

I rolled my eyes at the boy continuing to my locker. He's been so secretive lately. "Chloe," I heard Brendon say. I looked up noticing him leaning on my locker. "Hey, what're you doing here?" I asked excitedly giving him a hug. "I thought we could both go together to the pool," he smiled opening my locker for me.

"Thank you, is everyone else going?" I asked him, putting away my book and notebook. "Yeah, it should be really fun." He said twisting a piece of my hair. "I totally agree," I said closing my locker.

"You ready?" He asked me taking out his keys. "Um yeah. Just let me go tell Scott. So he won't freak out." I said earning a nod from him.

We walked over to Stiles and Scott waiting at his jeep. I noticed Liam in the back probably on his phone. "Hey guys. I'm going to be hanging out with some friends, so don't wait up okay." I said smiling at the two boys in front of me.

"Okay, just be home by dinner please." Scott told me. "Of course. I'll text you if anything happens don't worry. I love you both. Don't do anything stupid," I hugged them walking back to Brendon.

"You actually kind of look like him," Brendon said looking back at Scott. "Not so much but okay," I shrugged.  "Where's your car anyway?" I asked looking around the parking lot. "Over their," he pointed at the opposite side at a luxurious black BMW. "Typical Prep boy car," I laughed pushing him to the side.

"Come on, you know you dig it." He said laughing along with me. "Oh I need to go and pick up a bathing suit," I said digging around for the house keys. "Don't worry, the girls picked one out for you. They said a new one wouldn't hurt."

"How do they know my size though?" I asked utterly confused. "They just know, you know?" He asked me opening up the passenger seat. I smiled at him getting in. He closed the door gently going over to his side. He's such a gentlemen.

I turned on the radio switching it to a random radio station. "How's the uniform?" I asked him looking down at his Devenford Prep uniform. "It's actually quite comfortable and it saves me the hassle of looking for outfits," he nodded his head. At least he's honest.

We reached a house which I had no idea who's it was. "Who's house is this?" I asked him unbuckling my seatbelt. "Don't worry this is Jaidon's house." He opened the door getting out.

I opened my door before he could reach the passenger seat. I grabbed my purse resting it on my shoulder. "So Brett's here I think," I smiled at him walking beside him. "Yeah he is. He's already in his swimming attire."

We walked in passing through the living room and kitchen. He opened the sliding door letting me get out first. "Chloe!" The girls shouted running up to us. "Hi guys," I hugged them all laughing. Melanie passed me my new bathing suit. "Go try it on," she grinned pushing me towards the bathroom.

I got in shutting the door. I examined the bathing suit. It was a two piece. The top was a hot pink bandeau with a cute bow in the middle and the bottom's a matching hot pink. I shrugged stripped out of my clothes slipping on the bathing suit.

I folded my clothes setting them neatly in my bag. I opened the door walking out. I noticed Brett by the grill talking to Zander. He noticed me patting Zander's shoulder walking towards me. "Hey Chloe, you look nice" he gave me a smile.

"Thanks Brett, you know you look really good." I said patting his stomach laughing. "Thanks. So we're grilling some hotdogs since it's a nice day. How's Dunbar anyway?" He asked resting his arm on the wall. "I don't know actually. He's been everywhere but with me. I have no idea what's been going on with him." I said. It's true. Who knows how Dunbar is. I mean Liam. Scott probably knows.

"He's weird. I never really understood him." Brett said squinting his eyes at the sun. "Hey. He's still my friend," I softly shoved him rolling my eyes. "Come on Chloe. Have you seen Brendon shirtless yet?" He smirked knowing it would make me get flustered.

"No, not yet." I said trying to keep my cool. "Well today's your lucky day babe," he smirked yet again slightly shoving me towards the opposite side. Confused I turned around seeing Brendon talking to Ariana. I turn back towards Brett. I look at him shaking my head. He smiled ushering me to go talk to him.

I groaned turning back towards Brendon walking towards him and Ariana. They noticed me giving me a smile. I smiled back feeling more confident now.  "Hey guys," I said turning back to see Brett watching me. "Hey, how's Beacon?" Ariana asked me.

"It's good everything's fine. School's stressful but other than that great." I said looking aside. "I'll be in the pool. You should come in later," she smiled walking away. Which left just Brendon and I.

"Let's go in the pool," I grabbed his hand pulling him along with me. I slid in slowly feeling the cold water touch me. I went underwater letting my hair get wet. I swam up pulling my hair back. I opened my eyes noticing Brendon just standing laughing at me.

"Come in!" I said splashing water at him. "I'm going give me a minute."

A phone rang in the distance sounding like mine. I furrowed my eyebrows noticing Brett going towards my bag. I rested my arms on the side just watching him. He unlocked it answering the phone, "Hello?" I laughed watching him tilt his head with a confused look.

"Who is it?" I asked Brendon looking up at him. He shrugged walking over to Brett also curious. They both look like giants just standing their. "Okay, give me a second."

Brendon walked back with my phone handing it to me. "Here," he sat down with his legs in the water. "Hello?" I asked, who could this be? "Chloe. Why are you hanging out with the preps?" He asked me. He sounded frustrated. "Why does it matter. You don't even talk to me anymore. You didn't even bother to sit with Mason and I at lunch. You know friends are supposed to get closer when something bad happens."

"I tried, I really do but it's just that... I have other things and other people to see." He sighed into the phone. "Well, for starters you could've told us that. When was the last time all three of us hung out and actually had a conversation huh?" I asked supporting my weight with one arm. Brendon helped me placing me next to him.

"Um, well probably I think a week ago? I'm not sure." I knew he shrugged.

"Well, it was nice talking to you. But I've gotta go." I said hugging my legs. "Okay. I'll make it work. I'll talk to Mason."

"You do that Liam. Text me when you figure it out." I hung up setting my phone down.

"Woah. You okay there?" Brendon asked with his eyes a little wide. "Yeah. It's just I don't get boys sometimes." I said laughing. "I agree. Instead j don't understand girls sometimes," he smirked holding in a laugh.

"Gee thanks. I'll keep that in mind," I rolled my eyes at him smiling. "Oh, don't worry. You I get." He said wrapping his arm around me.

"Yeah, I get you too." I said.