Chapter 12 • Nice

.

Chloe's Point of View

It's barely Thursday, meaning the festival starts tomorrow. At least, I think that's what Brendon told me. I walk along to find Mason for lunch. "Chloe!" I laugh, this is always how people find me. I turn back and see Liam jogging up to me. I give him a smile waiting for him to talk. "Um, hi." He said shyly. "Hey." I said kicking my foot on the floor. "So, about the other day how Mason, you and I don't really talk. I was wondering if you wanted to watch a movie with us at my house." He finished scratching his neck.

"Did Mason agree already?" I ask looking around for him. "Yeah, he said it would be nice. Since it's been a while." He said looking down. Why does he have to act like he's so shy. He's not. He looks lost and sad. Well at least, that's what I think. "Liam," I say biting my lip. He looks up with his eyes slowly, looking at mine.

"That'd be great," I say smiling. He gives me a confused look. "Really?" He asked stepping a little closer. "Yeah, I mean I do miss you," I shrugged at him. "Me too. I've missed you too." He agreed just looking at me. "One question though," I say, acting serious. "Yeah?" He asked me. "Will their be water?" I ask holding in a laugh. "Of course, you're Chloe you have to have water," he smiled.

"See Liam, this is why I love you," I laughed hugging him. He just stood their for a couple seconds. "Don't be a stranger," I say looking up at him. He smiled at me, finally hugging me. "I love you too," he whispered making me smile. He surprisingly smelled really good. I mean not because he's a werewolf.

"Well, hello guys!" Someone chimed in. I turned my head to see Stiles walking up to us. What could he possibly want? We both pulled away looking at him. "Hi Stiles," I smiled waiting for him to say something. "Did I interrupt something? Like, anything?" He asked quickly looking between Liam and I.

"Um, no?" I ask confused. "Mmhm sure, listen. Scott wanted to know if you guys wanted to hang out with us at the lacrosse field. To talk about stuff." He said crossing his arms at us. "Okay. Where's Mason and what about lunch?" I ask him waiting. "Mason's already their and we ordered pizza now come on," I grabbed onto Liam as we follow Stiles.

"Brett?" I asked, spotting him next to Mason. "Chloe! Hey, you excited for tomorrow?" He asked smiling at me. "Yeah, I'm pretty excited. Can't wait," I smiled looking at him. "Okay guys, sit down." Scott ordered. I looked at Liam sitting next to him. I stretched looking at Stiles. "As you all know, the annual bonfire is coming up. Tonight," Scott explained to us.

"Are you coming?" Liam asked me whispering. "Of course, I wouldn't miss it," I whisper back catching Stiles' attention. "Okay, listen lovebirds. I get it you like each other but this is pretty serious. I would appreciate if you both stopped flirting." Stiles said, causing everyone to turn and look at us. I decided not to say anything and just nod.

Mason's Point of View

I looked over at Chloe and Liam as they both sat pretty close, I mean very close. "Okay, so that's all. You're all free." Scott said, everyone got up stretching. It took about 10 minutes of our time, oh well. "I'm gonna have to go," Brett told Scott as he got up. He nodded saying his goodbyes to everyone. "See you later, Mason!" He waved walking off to find his car.

"Guys," I say walking to Liam and Chloe. "Hmm?" Liam hummed looking up at me. "So, the bonfire. You're both going right?" I asked scratching my head. "I have to, I'm on the team." Liam said. "Yeah, I am." She smiled. I nodded at both of them.

~*~

Chloe's Point of View

"Mason! Stop!" I screamed pushing him off the couch. "Ow!" He screamed landing with a thud. "Guys! Get ready!" Liam shouted from the kitchen. I stretched my legs across the couch getting ready. "Where are you sitting?" I ask Mason as he got up. "Right here," he sighed sitting on the opposite side of me on the couch. "Coming!" Liam shouted walking into our view.

"Here's your caramel popcorn along with your soda," he handed Mason his stuff. "And your buttered popcorn along with your water," he smiled handing me my stuff. "Thank you," I say getting the blanket over my legs. "Okay, now press play Mason." He clicked play making the movie start.

I watched the movie alongside my best friends. An hour into it I started getting a little tired. I leaned on my arm setting the popcorn on the coffee table. "Chloe," Liam whispered, it was barely a whisper actually. "What?" I asked looking back at him. "Come here," he said motioning towards himself. "Okay." I say leaning into him.

"There." He said wrapping his arm around my shoulder pulling me closer. "Liam?" I ask watching the movie. "Yeah?" He asked. "What time is the bonfire?" I asked, this time looking at him. "In about  two hours." He said.

"Guys, shh. It's getting to the good part!" Mason whispered loudly, pointing at the screen. "Sorry," we both laughed going back to the movie.  A loud knock interrupted us. "I'll get it," Mason says getting up. We paused the movie waiting to see who it was. "Wait, who's this?" Mason asked as whoever it was walked in. The heels clicking the floor. "Liam?" It was a girls voice. I look up getting up from Liam and looking at her.

"Brooke?" He asked looking up at her. I raised one of my eyebrows waiting for them to talk. "Who's this?" She asked referring to me, obviously. "This is Chloe," he said looking at me. "And I'm Mason?" Mason said, he was pretty confused to. "So, you left me, for her?" She asked glaring at me. Confused. That's me right now.

"We never even dated." Liam said crossing his arms. I bit my lip holding in a laugh. This is pretty embarrassing, well for her. "Seriously, we went on two dates." She stated, also crossing her arms now. "Sorry, but uh, Brooke was it. You're not his type. So, please leave." I say walking over to Liam. "And who are you? His new girlfriend?" She asked rolling her eyes. No, I'm not. "Yeah, I am. You got a problem with it? I don't know when was the last time you went out with him. But clearly, he doesn't really want you here," I shrugged keeping my voice calm and collected as I grabbed his hand.

"Oh my, okay forget it. I'm just wasting my time. I'm leaving," she sighed going to the door. She flipped him off, causing me to start laughing. "Woah. What just happened," Mason sighed shutting the door. "Girlfriend, huh?" Liam asked smirking. I let go of his hand, now it was time for me to roll my eyes. "Oh please, you're not even my type. I was just helping your sorry butt." I said laughing.

"Mhmm, sure. I know you love me," he said walking up to me. "Guys, I'm still here," Mason waved at us. "I love Mason." I said walking to Mason giving him a hug. "Aw, I love you too." Mason laughed hugging me back. "Rude." Liam said, crossing his arms. "Aw, is little Liam, getting annoyed. Jealous?" I say walking over to him. "No," he said jutting out his bottom lip. "Aw, it's okay Liam. I like you too." I teased messing with his hair. "What, you only like me. Not love me," he pouted grabbing my arms.

"You're right. I love you to, Liam." I said kissing his cheek, making him blush. "Woah, is Liam blushing?" Mason asked laughing. "No, I'm not." He said hugging me to hide his face. I hugged back as he 'hid'.