Chapter 19 • Brendon

Chloe's Point of View

"I don't want to go. Why can't I just go to school with you and Brett." I complained. I grabbed my outfit changing into it. "Come on Chloe. As much as Brett and I would love that you know you can't just transfer in the middle of a semester." Brendon said. That's a good reason. "But, Liam's going to be there. I'm not ready to see him." I said crossing my arms. "Chloe?" My mom opened the door looking at me. "Yes mom?" I asked turning around. "Are you sure you can go to school? You don't want to go tomorrow instead." She said.

As much as I wanted to agree, I didn't. "No, it's fine. I'm good." I smiled. "Okay, Stiles will come pick you up along with Scott. Take care and I love you." She kissed my forehead walking out. "You too, I love you mom." I shouted. "Aw, Chloe." Brendon said in a baby voice. "Shut up. I can literally hang up on you." I said laughing. "You wouldn't." He said. "But I would." I replied. "It must be nice wearing anything but uniforms." He said. "It is. But, I have to pick out an outfit everyday. You just wear what you need." I said slipping on my bracelets.

"Don't forget I'm taking you out after school. I'll pick you up." He said reminding me. "Of course. I dressed cute just for that." I said grabbing my bag. "Aw, you didn't have to. You always look cute."

"Okay, well I have to go. I need to eat breakfast but I'll be texting you. See you soon." I said. I walk down the stairs carefully. "Good morning sis!" Scott shouted pulling me into a hug. "Good morning. Did you eat already?" I asked grabbing an empty water bottle. "Nope. But I am now." He said grabbing a plate as well. "How you feeling?" He asked grabbing his favorite cereal. "Good. Better than when I first got out." I told him grabbing my ingredients to make my mango smoothie.

"He'll be here in about 10 minutes. He's pretty excited to see you." Scott said. "Yeah. I haven't seen him in a while." I said blending everything together. It finished so I put it in my bottle. I took a sip and it tasted like heaven. "Open up!" Stiles shouted from the front door. I walked to the door opening it. "Chloe! I haven't seen you in forever!" He said squishing me. "I missed you to Stiles." I said hugging him back. I grabbed Scott's jacket slipping it on.

"Let's go Scott!" I shouted grabbing my phone and headphones. "I'm coming!" He shouted. I walked to his jeep opening the door. I got in sitting in my usual spot which was behind Scott. I unlock my phone going my music. I click shuffle on the 1975. I watch the trees looking out the window as we drive away. I notice Stiles take a turn making me realize he's picking up Liam to. Just ignore him. I open up my messages texting Brendon. 'School is going to be so interesting today🙄.' I click send and look back outside.

I close my eyes resting my head against the window. I feel the car stop all of sudden meaning Liam's coming. I keep my eyes closed not wanting to be bothered. I tightened Scott's jacket around me not wanting to get cold. My phone vibrates meaning I got a text. I unlock the phone to see a text from Brendon. 'Don't worry remember we get to have fun after school🤗' I laugh making Scott look in the rear view mirror to see me.

I reply back, 'Of course. I'm bringing my camera so we can take some pictures💕'. I lock my phone going back to the way it was.

I feel the jeep stop. I open my eyes again looking out the window. A bunch of students walk around getting to their friends. School. I get out and the first thing I need to do is find Mason. I close the door to the jeep leaving. I find him talking to a guy from class. "Mason." I smiled walking up to him. He turns around with a big grin on his face. "Chloe! It's about time I see you around here." He said hugging me.

"Hi Nick." I wave smiling. "Hi Chloe, I'll leave you two." He smiled walking away. "Have you talked to Liam?" He asked me. We walked to the benches to sit down. "No, not at all." I said shrugging. "Where you going after school?" He asked looking at my outfit. "Out with Brendon." I said. He nodded his head. "Can we not talk about Liam please?" I asked him crossing my arms. "Of course. Anything for you." He bowed.

"Stop being embarrassing! Now let's go." I laughed.

~*~ lunch ~*~

"Chloe, how's it like being back?" Lydia asked me smiling. "It's nice. I have tons of work to catch up on. But, nothing I can't do." I smiled. "That's good. School's important you know." Scott said widening his eyes. "Yeah, because you would know that the most from all of us." Stiles said rolling his eyes. "Have you see you know who anywhere?" Lydia asked sitting up. "No, I just want school to be over." I said biting my apple.

"Oh right, Brendon." Lydia smirked leaning closer to me. "Who told you?" I asked resting my chin on my hand. "Oh, well Mason couldn't keep real quiet." She said. "I can't believe him!" I said laughing. Lydia moved her eyes to behind me biting her lip. "What?" I asked about to turn around. "Oh nothing important." She said shrugging. I turned around and noticed Mason talking to Liam. I rolled my eyes and turned back around. "It doesn't matter. He's his best friend to." I said.

"Well, he seemed pretty interested in you while they were talking." Lydia said typing away on her phone. "That's nice. I just want to not have to worry right now" I said getting up to throw away my tray. "Hey Chloe." I dumped my tray turning around. It was Nick again. "Hey Nick what's wrong?" I asked resting my hand on my hip. "I just wanted you to know if you need help catching up in algebra just talk to me." He smiled. "Thank you. I'll text you if I do." I hugged him walking away.