5

It was really early. The day had just started but they were already at the lobby of the domestic departures waiting for his flight. The boys in Seattle, the ones they didn't know yet, except for a brief encounter in LA in July, had paid for Eddie's flight to the Emerald city so they could meet and jam together. He was going to stay for a week and though it was a short period of time, it was going to be the longest without them being together. Obviously, what corroded them the most was not exactly the days apart but the uncertainty of what was going to happen. The anxiety of what the future could bring and how much, either if he'd stay with these boys or he would come back done with them, it would affect their life. They were sitting side by side on a cold gray metallic bench near the escalator that led to the boarding gate. Hands united tightly, palms sweating, fingers laced. They watched the commotion in silence. Each one thinking about different things but related to the same subject. Eddie with his mind on new music and Eiry a little apprehensive about him in the middle of strangers. Their eyes followed the people that walked back and forth despite the early hour. Couples held on tight as passengers were called to their flights. Endless kissing until there was no place or time for another kiss.

"Love..." Suddenly, Eddie's voice yanked her from her trance and she turned her face to look at him. "I don't know if I am able to call you... I mean... I don't know if they have a phone or if there's one near where I'm staying. But I will look for one and call you in the evening for sure." Eiry smiled which caused him to give her one of his sweet smiles. One of those that enhanced his lovely cheek bones.

"Was that what you were thinking?"

"Well..." He shrugged. "I have a million thoughts in my mind but this one assaulted me just now."

"It's ok, boo." Eiry leaned over and pecked him. "I understand if you can't call every day."

"No..." Eddie held her chin between two fingers. "I want to speak to you every day. I..." His voice chocked and his eyes flickered. "...I'm gonna miss you so much."

"Oh, babe..." Eiry wrapped her arms around his neck, closing her eyes when she felt his wrapping around her too. Then, his lips kissed her cheek tenderly, tenderly as only he could. "I'll be here waiting for you." She kissed his cheek too and then pulled away to look in his blue eyes. "I'm not going anywhere." Eiry smiled and rested her forehead against is. "I'll be here waiting for you to come back."

"I'm nervous." He giggled. Eiry pulled away with a smile on her lips. Eddie shrugged. "I don't know... I have never been to Seattle. I don't know what to expect. What if I don't like the city? What if I don't like the guys? Or if they don't like me?"

"Haven't you met them in LA in July?" Eddie nodded.

"But it was very brief. Just two of them, Stone, and Jeff... it's different now. I am going to their environment. I'm going to be out of my element and they are going to be in their element." Eiry cupped his face within her hands and looked deeply in his eyes.

"Your element is music, boo." She nodded. "That's your element so if the scene is as thriving as it seems, you will be in your element."

"Thank you for cheering me." Eddie kissed her lips. "Keep my side of the bed warm." She laughed.

"You're staying with Jeff. The guy that you have been talking on the phone, right?" He nodded. "He sounds cool."

"I think he is..." Eddie nodded.

Next, the calling for his flight sounded on the speakers and they looked at one another intensely, gasping. Eddie got up and grabbed his backpack, throwing it over his shoulder. Eiry got up too and he rested both hands on her shoulders. Leaving her was the hardest thing and yet he was so grateful she was so supportive.