21

It had been three days in a row having crazy funny times in nightclubs. Even though she felt tired and didn't want to have another late night out, Eddie convinced her to do so. It was past dinner time already when he called home using of all his charm to make her leave the house and meet him. Rae was all over the top with it and he was enjoying mixing with people though clubs had never been his real thing. Yet, Seattle was on fire and offered a different type of club. The type where live music was played and that alone turned him into a club lover. A Seattle club lover as he liked to put it. Plus, and a huge plus to him, he had been making friends. So, she agreed to go even if she was alright with him going out without her. Eddie insisted though.

It was difficult to trade her nightwear for a cool outfit. She even spent quite some time looking at her closet a bit clueless about what to wear. Finally, Eiry decided to dress all in black. She put on a tight pair of black jeans and a black top that opened on her back in a V line. The only colorful thing on her that evening were her boots. A pair of white boots. She held her hair up on a ponytail and was wearing two little fake pearls in her ears. Though she didn't like makeup, she shadowed her eyes with a thick line of black eyeliner and curled her eyelashes with mascara, but that was as far as she would go. Her lips again with just lips gloss. Her perfume lingering in the air of the cab they caught to the club, for Eddie had taken the truck to the studio and he went from there to the Crocodile where they were going to meet. Rae sitting by her side in a perfect red dress, legs crossed, looking gorgeous.

"Are you ok?" Rae asked her with her green eyes shining more than ever due to the joint they smoked at home.

"Sure." Eiry smiled and then looked out at the street again.

In the residential area, the city was relatively quiet already. Lights in the buildings coloring it yellow or white but almost empty streets. The bar area though, was just the opposite. When a part of the city died at night, another was just coming alive.

"So many people..." Rae commented as they approached the club zone.

"But it's kinda cool." Rae looked at Eiry and elbowed her.

"What's wrong with you tonight?"

"I'm just tired." Eiry shrugged.

"Why didn't you say so?" Rae's eyes opened wide. "I wouldn't mind staying home with you." Eiry shook her head.

"Ed asked me a lot to meet him." A soft smile on her lips. "You know how he isn't the type of socializing and he is changing here. I like that... that he is fooling around..."

"He is different..." Rae nodded in agreement.

"It's the music." Eiry looked outside.

The cityscape changing. Streets full of young people ready to party all night long, walking up and down and others lining up near clubs entrances.

"Yeah, he's more outgoing here." Rae ended up agreeing.

"Seattle is changing him." Eiry spoke but looking outside. "He is outgoing but with a few people. It was like that when we were in San Diego. He is a funny guy and all that but here it's like he's letting go of his past..." She took a deep breath and Rae knew she wasn't done. "... in San Diego he kept reliving his ghosts and here he hasn't any memories. He is making them from scratch. He is purging out things he never talked about, not even with me. Seattle is being kind to him and I like that." Finally, she turned her head to her friend and smiled.

"Does he know you love him that much?"

"Yes." Eiry looked again once more.

"You are really off today!" Rae elbowed her again. Eiry's eyes left the street to look at her friend. "He is wearing you out. I heard you two when we came back home."