Chapter 8: Longer than Expected

I frantically touched my shorts, hoping to find my phone to look at the time. Namjoon said he would take 10 minutes to arrive here, it shouldn't be that long, but his presence was making it feel like an eternity. I had to be patient, hoping Namjoon would come exactly in 10 minutes because I don't think I could spend more minutes with Jungkook. He just had this eerie aura around him and the fact he finally appeared right in front of me when he has never done it before, scared me. It just felt unsafe to be around him, as if you were in a room with something supernatural. 

As soon as I managed to feel my phone that was in my right back pocket, I took it out and shakily switched on my phone, waiting for the screen to light up as Jungkook kept knocking, telling me to open the door before he busted it down. Once the screen brightened, I tried to calm my breathing since it was escalating, as if I was home alone with a serial killer. Images of Jungkook dragging me down to hell started popping up in my mind and it scared me because it wasn't in his beautiful form but his horrific one. He was big and black with shining red eyes. He looked more like a shadow rather than having a solid form. He was tall, about 190 cm but he was more hunched. There was no face but on a set of those gleaming red eyes, as if it was angry at me when he first made his hideous and scary appearance back in high school at 4 am. He was large, larger than me at least and he terrified me more when he growled at me. 

Back then, my friend and I had decided on waking up at 4 am to do some studying. She told me to wake her up if I woke up first, which I did. As I woke up feeling fresh, I walked over to my friend who was sleeping on the bed opposite of mine. Her thin blanket had come off of her and she was sprawled out on her bed. Both of us were very busy with our clubs during the day so we had to find time to study and do homework during the night. It was easier and I felt less intimidated if I had trouble in my studies since we were in the same class, so that meant we could tutor each other. I extended my right arm to gently shake her arm closest to me to wake her up. I had called out for her name whilst shaking her. It took quite some time for her to sit up, but she did so with her eyes closed, as if she was being pulled by someone from the front, forcing her to sit up. I was about to tell her that I'll go freshen up for awhile but her eyes suddenly open, and they were gleaming red as she looked at me angrily. She started growling that resembled a wolf getting ready to pounce on its prey. My arm that was extended towards her shoulder trembled in fear and so did my entire body. It was as if she was possessed by demon. She slowly got up from her sitting position as her eyes glowed brighter. As she stood up, her thin and tall frame transformed into Jungkook's horrific figure. I stepped back into my bed trembling in fear, my body too afraid to call for help because it was too early in the morning. As I looked into its eyes, my heart shook violently, so I forced my eyes to look towards the bed and it was empty. I went into my bed, forgetting about the study plan we had, pulling my blanket all the way up to protect me from the monster I saw, which I had recently learned for it to be Jungkook. 

The pounding on the door became more aggressive as his voice deepened into an inhumane tone. His growling resembled the ones I heard back then as well, reminding me of what he looked like, aside from his beautiful figure. In an instinct, I crawled into my thick white futon, covering my entire body, hoping I would disappear from his sight, just like back then. I prayed and prayed to God for protection, my heart running wildly at the amount of fear I was going through. I felt tears brimming my eyes, begging to fall since I shut them closed, hands in fists with the futon. With every hard pound on my wooden door, my fear increased tenfold. "Dear God, please save me. Please protect me. Please, please, please, please," I whimpered with the salty tears finally falling, staining my cheeks.

My heart jumped when the door had busted opened. My breathing quickened even more as my hands shook violently. I continued muttering my prayers as I felt his presence come closer. I held in my breath when his shadowy figure was right beside my bed, close to the area where I was hiding. I fisted the futon tightly making sure he won't rip it out from my hold as I continued to pray with closed eyes.