Chapter 12: The Impossible

3 weeks have passed and that means my departure for London has arrived. My alarm set to 4.30 am played its tune, waking me up from my surprisingly peaceful slumber. It's been 2 months since I last saw Jungkook and I'm happy to say that I'm grateful. I did stop doing my night prayers because I got too lazy to do them, but I would do the prayers every time I remembered, and that was, at the most thrice a week.

As much as I am supposed to feel sad, the past 2 weeks have been quite good. One of the good things was that Namjoon and I got back together. We spent the last 2 weeks together like in the past and this made me feel less worried about our long distance that happens today.

Speaking of which, the guys, Eun, and the family had chosen to send me off at the airport today. Dad would've sent me off until the university because he could just apply for a London flight, but I reassured him that I would be fine, so he agreed nonetheless. 

I gave everyone a hug, more of a death hug because it was unsure of when I would return. I would be joining early fall, so I would most probably have Thanksgiving as a holiday, but even if so, there's no telling whether I would fly back or remain at the campus. With every hug I received, they wished me good luck and that I should take care of myself. I was nervous to the core because I would be joining in my 2nd year and the students there would have already found their friends. I was going to be a loner for the first month, or so I predicted given my introverted self.

"You have 5 more minutes before you have to enter. Better make this quick," dad reminded me and I could only give a strained smile. The last person I had to hug was Namjoon and I felt my stomach drop. I clung onto him as tight as I could, mimicking a koala in a tree. My body felt at ease immediately, but my mind was giving me 2nd guesses again. "I know you're 2nd guessing, but believe me, you were born for this. Nothing will change, darling," Namjoon's deep voice resonated into my ear as his hot breath shot shivers down my spine. He broke the hug first to have a good look at me. He cupped my face and gave me a kiss that was filled of love and care. I melted in his embrace, my heart crying a river. 

We ended after a while before he kissed the crown of my head, a gesture that always makes me flutter. He stepped back heavily, his facial features trying its best to hide the pain away. "If I ever did cheat, the guys would be here to knock my senses," Namjoon joked to lighten up the mood but that only made me worry, so I hit his chest lightly. "You're messing with me right before I'm leaving. How nice of you, Joonie," I rolled my eyes playfully and he chuckled. He grabbed my hands and kissed them, lingering his pink plump lips on them for quite some time.

"Ah, stop making us feel single," Jimin whined and this made everyone erupt into laughter. Namjoon and I quickly ended our session with broad smiles on our faces, but mine did not last long as I saw the man or whatever he is walking towards us. Namjoon quickly noticed my change of expression and looked towards the direction of my eyes. Instinctively, he pushed me behind his big body, shielding me from the man who stopped right at our group. 

"Jungkook, you're here !" Taehyung cheered before giving him a big hug. Everyone except Namjoon, Yoongi and I were gathering closer towards the duo, curious towards the man who mysteriously came up. While everyone was busy staring at Taehyung and asking who the guy was, I accidentally made eye contact with the man. He gave a mischievous smirk towards my direction, and lucky me, Namjoon caught it as well. 

"Mind telling us who this is, Tae ?" Jimin's eyes sparkled at the sight of the man. He was definitely eye candy for Jimin. His jet black undercut styled that we could see his forehead, his sculpted body that could only be assumed he had hard muscles underneath his baggy clothing was showing through his large and hard biceps, muscles flexing every time he bent or curled his arm, giving a show to all of us, specifically Jimin. 

Taehyung released the man but draped an arm over his shoulder, giving a broad smile to all of us. "Everyone, I would like to introduce you to my long lost cousin, Jeon Jungkook," the introduction led to everyone introducing themselves. As it was Namjoon's turn, his face was contorted into displease, but he held out a hand towards Jungkook, shaking his hand, a little too tight as a matter of fact. Their hands were not letting go anytime soon and it looked like they were having a battle discreetly right in front of us. I laid a hand on Namjoon's bicep, signaling him to let go because I feared of his bones breaking. Jungkook just gave off a supernatural aura, something I worried for Namjoon very much.

Namjoon obeyed, retrieving his hand and so did Jungkook, putting his hands in his jeans pocket. The smirk still not faltering one bit. My conscious told me that something bad was going to happen and I was afraid it had to do with Jungkook coming to the airport. However, it didn't take much time for me to connect the dots. I gripped onto Namjoon's sleeve, already regretting this leave but it was too late to turn back now. I had at least 2 minutes before I boarded with Jungkook. Even if I came later, I would still bump into Jungkook in campus.  

The announcement had already announced for the gate's closing time, panicking me even more. Bailing would make everyone question and I didn't want that. It would also mean I was second guessing everything, worrying my family more. Jungkook must have noticed my silence, so he decided to play dumb, "..and who's this ?" his eyes roamed me up and down as his smirk widened. The guys were laughing at our interaction because Jungkook grabbed my hand and gave a kiss. His lips increasing the pace of my heart, scaring me more, so I snatched my hand out from his grip. 

"Sorry, Kook..but she's taken," Taehyung patted his shoulder, telling him to back off, nicely. "Namjoon, you should really worry about Y/n leaving. I can bet she'll get at least 10 proposals there," Jimin laughed, joking but his head got slapped by Jin. "That was the worst joke you've ever made," Hoseok says with a disgusted face. Jimin cleared his throat before mumbling a sorry. I assured him with a small smile, but I knew the atmosphere gloomed, so I did what I thought would return it back to normal, "Even if I did have proposals, Namjoon would be the only one I have eyes for," hugging my boyfriend as I stared lovingly at his face. 

"Attention to all passenger of flight BT1306, please report to Gate 9 immediately as departure is due in 5 minutes." The voice boomed throughout the airport, reminding those who have not boarded to do so quickly to keep the schedule in check.

"Time to say goodbye to Y/n, Joonie. Don't worry, we have eyes on him for you," Jin reminds us to bid our farewell for now so I could leave. "And Jungkook will be there to make sure Y/n doesn't go messing around, right Kookie ?" Taehyung side hugs Jungkook, a smile on his face. Said man was smiling innocently, and I was not excited about this. 

"I'll take good care of her, Namjoon. You can count on me," Jungkook tilts his head with his bunny smile out for everyone, creating a facade for everyone. "We'll be best friends too," he drapes an arm over my shoulder, resting his head on mine because of the height difference between us seeing as I was only at his chin.

"Let's go."