Chapter 15: When Night Falls

I stare at the bright screen from my Samsung tablet. I was getting a little crazy at the homework I've gotten. 2 months have passed since my arrival at the university and it was going well, if I were to consider sex as a routine, then yeah, I was doing well. It's just that I've been feeling more drained than ever and I'm not sure why. On the days we had sex, physically, I couldn't move any of my body parts and it was troublesome since my room wouldn't be locked by the time he left, like how a normal human being would walk out of a room through a door. I would have preferred him to vanish since I wouldn't have to worry about an unlocked door.

On the days when he couldn't visit me, he showed up in my dreams, scaring to death as if I'm trapped inside a loop or world of monsters, unable to escape no matter how far I run. I would wake up almost every 2 hours because of that, to only fall asleep an hour after I've woken up. I felt my body getting sick as time goes by but I didn't want to tell my parents about this. I didn't want them to worry since I'm halfway across the globe. Speaking of family, I'm getting worried about uncle Jinho. I got to know from Namjoon and mother that a few days after I left, he was admitted to a hospital. It somehow distracted me a little because as the eldest cousin, I'm used to protecting the younger ones, but I was not there with them, so it only pains me to think about it. Sometimes I rethink if the decision I made was selfish.

I should have never transferred. Can I go back ?

As my eyes were glued to the question at hand, I flipped through my notes and textbook to see if I could find a solution for this question. My left hand supporting my head that was pounding from the lack of sleep, while the right skimming through the textbook pages or my notes in my tablet. "God, my head hurts !" I whined, massaging my temples while looking at the notes.

I must've lost track of time since sun down had passed. The sky had turned dark, causing lamp posts to illuminate their light, guiding people in their paths. It was a Thursday night and I had finished classes at 4 pm. I remained stuck in my room, studying and completing any work or assignments I had. 

Thankfully, I managed to find a way to solve the question, in fact the very last question for the tutorial. It was a habit that I wouldn't move from my desk or anything I was doing in hand if I hadn't completed it. The guys would call me crazy sometimes because I would actually go a day without eating or drinking anything just so I could finish the work.

Once I was done, I stretched my limbs as far as I could go. "Ahhhhhh, finally. I'm done." I said to myself, a smile on my lips as I finally finished my work for the day. I grabbed my phone that was placed next to my tablet, checking for notifications that came in when I was occupied. I tapped on Alexa's message that was sent recently.

Alexa

Still up for studying tonight ?

Yep
Come over at 10

See ya

....

I locked my phone after reading her reply, getting ready to take a bath before cooking myself some dinner. Because I didn't eat heavy starting at 6 pm, I wouldn't worry much about time for cooking since the food I make usually takes about 40 minutes max. I decided clean my desk so it would look more organized when Alexa comes in later. My room didn't really have much things, but it was a small room, so I had to minimize as much belongings as I could. After my room was settled, I headed into my en suite bathroom. Another thing to be grateful of was that my scholarship let me choose what kind of room I wanted, so I chose one that was within their given expenses and managed to get this room.