Chapter 10: An Offer Impossible to Refuse

I had spent the weekends with Eun and it brought back memories. Before she left to study at Busan, we would often go out, despite her strict parents who preferred her to be at home all the time, she could easily go out whenever it was me. I wouldn't say it was simple, but almost every day out happened. Today was no different because we had planned to ride bikes at Hangang River after we have lunch at my house. My break had begun recently so when I had classes, Eun would come visit, just to see what my campus was like. Like every other girl, she would swoon when a guy that attracts her passed by us, but I would just drag her forcefully with me before we end up spending too much time on campus.

Eun and I had bumped into the guys on one of her visiting days. They knew each other because I introduced them together, but they weren't close because she still felt uncomfortable being friends with guys ever since high school. Namjoon was fine with it because he understood how difficult it was for us to befriend guys back in high school. However, that didn't stop Namjoon from trying to get closer to Eun. They eventually became close at one point before she had to move for college, so they became distant again. They only ever talked or meet up if I was there.

The sky had gone dark since the hands showed 7 on the clock. I had sent Eun back home before heading home where we would have a family dinner tonight. It happens at least twice a month because we just loved spending time together. Upon arrival, I closed the door and announced my arrival, fishing my phone out as I felt it vibrate in my jean jacket. I read the text that Eun had texted and smiled, letting out a snicker at the texts before turning my attention to everyone who were sat at the living room with serious faces plastered onto them. I kept my phone back to where it was and walked towards them. I realized that mom had an envelope in her hand, her arm extended once I was close. My cousins' eyes were sparkling and this arose suspicion. "Uncle Jiho gave this to me to pass it to you," mom said as I took the white paper that had an address and my name. I looked towards Uncle Jiho who sat on one of the couches waiting for me to open the envelope. Every eye present in this room were focused on me, so I ripped the opening of the envelope, curiosity increasing more than ever. I took out the white piece of paper with cold and sweaty hands as my heart pounded.  

After reading the contents, I looked towards everyone in the room. "Congratulations!" everyone cheered as they hugged me. My heart was torn between excitement and sadness. At the happy moment right now, I could feel Jungkook's eyes on me in corner. I was still scared of him, but I was more pissed to feel frightened, so I looked into the corner where I assumed he was standing and I felt shivers crawl up my spine. At the clear indication, I quickly turned to my family who were celebrating before we continued it to the dining hall.

"My friend went over your application and agreed to give you a scholarship. All we have to do now is wait until your position gets accepted!" Uncle Jiho enthused as he was excited that I would finally be able to study abroad. I had been applying since last year, but I had to turn it down because I didn't get a scholarship, so they told me to try again this year. I had received a scholarship, so I just need my position confirmed before I go to the next phase of my life.

Dinner was more cheerful tonight because of the news that arrived. We bid my parents and uncle and aunt goodbye before Jinho, Hana, Aecha, halmeoni and I went back to get ready for bed. We decided to watch a movie in my room after we freshen up. Halmeoni had informed us she was too tired so she decided to sleep in early and we nodded our heads. As soon as I got in my room, I was greeted with Jungkook that had his arms crossed over his chest as he stood near my window angrily. At the sight of him, I wanted to head to my sister's room, but my body didn't cooperate with my mind since it led me further in to my room, closing the after I entered. My body led me to my bed, placing my bottom on the soft surface below me. My gaze focused on Jungkook who walked towards me, his height towering over me, causing me to look up into his black orbs. He continued to stare at me with anger while keeping silent, reducing the temperature of the room with his gaze. I didn't dare to say anything, not that I could because his eyes shone red before turning to his black ones again.

"So...you got the scholarship you applied for last year.." he began, breaking off the silence that suffocated me, as if I had wronged him. I wasn't surprised that he knew because he had been following me around for almost every minute of the day. I'm not sure when he started, but I just knew he was there. The feeling of a pair of eyes constantly on me didn't need me to think far.

I contemplated if I should answer or just remain quiet because he reminded me of my dad when he was mad at me. Questioning me of what I had done wrong instead of telling me quickly after a few minutes silence, indicating that I didn't know what I had committed. Therefore, I just chose to remain quiet until he asks me to answer him. While waiting for him to do so, I'll just look at the wall behind him with fear of being shouted at and the same time unsure of where to look.

"Thinking back to last year... I should have just let you go to London instead of staying here. Seeing you with Namjoon sickens me, so I'm not going to stop you now," he continues but his words did not make any sense. What did he mean by stop me? Did he have anything to do with my scholarship last year?

Questions continued to conquer my mind as he just eyed me with a  mischievous smirk. Jungkook came closer to me and placed his hand on my head as he leans in closely with a sweet smile causing his eyes to turn into slits. "Don't worry your pretty head about last year's story. Just know that we'll have more memories soon," he says before standing back up and removing his hand from my head. He walked further from me before turning to look at me with a smile. "I'll see you soon, my love," and with that he vanishes into thin air, leaving me speechless while my thoughts continue running a marathon.