Chapter 18: Returning to Secrets Pt. 2

"Y/n, are you aware of your father having a... protector ?" Mr. Min asked me warily.

I nodded my head slowly, unsure of where this was going. He turned to look at his wife before Mrs. Min continued her part. "This.. 'protector', is not what you have in mind. It's a perennial, some sort of demon that protects its host, or for your case, 'his wife'." This caught my attention all the more since it was becoming more absurd.

"You are your father's first daughter, so it's apparently customary that the first child obtains this demon. Your father was gifted with this demon because of your ancestors that made a deal with them in exchange for success and strength." Mrs. Min explains before turning to Yoongi to explain it further.

"It's actually pretty common for Southeast Asians since black magic is practiced a lot there. Some of your ancestors originated from there before migrating here to get married. We're assuming they gifted them to your migrated ancestors since they worried for their safety as it was common for females to be sold off into marriage." Yoongi's words slowly make sense as I comprehend them. I nodded my head asking him to continue.

Yoongi looked at his mother for a short glance, his mother giving a nod, encouraging him to continue. "The things you experienced, the movements, watches and all those paranormal things, they're actually that demon. The deal was supposed to be a protector if the first born is a male, but because you are your father's first born, the deal changes to you becoming his wife." 

Everyone's expression became confused at the moment, except for Yoongi's family. 

"Remember how you kept wanting to break it off with Namjoon ? And how all your relationships always ended within a few weeks or a few months ? Or when you quickly get irritated and bored of your exes and Namjoon to the point you regretted dating them ?" Yoongi spilling every romance history I had kept hidden from my parents, knowing I was not allowed to have any boyfriends, until they met Namjoon. Fortunately, everyone was enthralled with the continuation of the cause rather than my past, so I just brushed it off, thinking this would all make better sense. So, I nodded my head, remembering how I couldn't stand them and always got bored of every relationship I got into.

"It's because you're not allowed to date in the first place. You were his. As long as you have him, you're not allowed to ever marry. You'll stay single as long as you live, but in reality, you actually have a family waiting for you in hell." He continues and by now, my family had their eyes widened as they looked at me while I felt an extreme fear coursing through my veins.

Lies.

They're all lies, love.

I heard his voice whisper into my ear. Manipulating me into believing Yoongi's and his' parents words. My body shook violently as my breathing pace increased as if I had just ran a marathon. My hands felt cold and I felt like I was having a panic attack. His voice continues to whisper as I felt myself going crazy. I shut my eyes tightly, wanting them to stop, so I covered my ears as I continued to shake. "P-Please. Stop. STOP !" I screamed, standing up from my seat, grabbing everyone's attention.

Mother and father stood up, everyone having worried expressions as they looked at me in fear. I turned to look towards Yoongi, my eyes begging him to help me, and as if we had superpowers, he stood up and dragged me to my room. Yoongi excused us from the meeting and we headed up the flight of stairs to reach my bedroom after entering the long white coloured corridor.

As soon as we entered my room, Yoongi helped me to sit on my bed as he took my desk chair to sit opposite me, leaving the room door ajar. My breathing did not slow down and I was getting dizzy every passing minute. Yoongi realized I was not calming down, so he rubbed my back before helping me lay down. My breathing became smoother even if it was a slow process but I could feel my mind become at ease.