Chapter One: The accident....

Walking the sharply elevated hills of Wellington in clothing that cost more than his monthly bills combined with boots that cost even more, was never something Harry particularly enjoyed but also not something he loathed. Being out and about exceptionally late after a day spent hunched over his desk at Payne publishing researching, typing notes, and making phone calls in his too-small office was something he highly disliked even more.

Nothing sounded better than a scorching hot shower, a bowl of cookie dough ice cream with whipped cream and sprinkles, and a night spent with his favourite book. It's been so many years of loneliness and bad relationships. Time and time again he put himself out there throughout university and not at all surprising to Harry none of those toxic relationships lasted. Harry is truly hoping and praying one day he'll have someone to come home to, someone to fill his house with love and laughter, someone he could write articles about, someone to love, someone to be his home.

Sending off a brief text to his mum telling her he is heading home, explaining he'll call her when he gets a chance. Harry is two blocks from home when he looks up and wishes he had left the office on time like his friends and family always told him he should. 

Up ahead, Harry can see what looks like a movie. Bright lights, a startling amount of people, police cars, dog handlers, and ambulance officers. What worries Harry about this sight is that Gemma lives a few houses down from all the commotion, and he hasn't heard from his sister today, which isn't like the two siblings. They've always had a close bond growing up. They see each other every day or every second day, depending on their schedules.

 Gemma is a well-known therapist who helps the rich and snobby figure out whatever issues come from too much perfume, stacks of cash, and elite parties. Harry is a small but talented journalist known for the truth in his articles about everything from sports to entertainment to the science behind medical decisions. They had studied a few years apart at the Victoria University of Wellington. Living week to week in tiny dorm rooms, eating two-minute noodles, budget baked beans, or anything that was on clearance at the supermarket that week.

 It wasn't easy being away from his mum. Anne had always known Harry would follow Gemma to university in Wellington. He is a hard worker and a social butterfly which she knew meant he wouldn't stay in Palmerston North to go to the small Massey university they have. Harry needed more. Luckily for both himself and Gemma, his mum was relatively financially stable and had brought them both houses a couple of blocks apart. They were in the outskirts of Wellington's central district, which made the chaos in front of him as he tried to get home from work, not an everyday thing. Still, he was now apprehensive about his sister's whereabouts. The latter, unfortunately, has been in harm's way more than once because of her job.