Chapter three: The orderly....

Getting to the hospital is just as chaotic as Harry expected it to be. Loud noises, bright lights, doctors in suits, nurses in scrubs, room after room of sick patients. Gemma is rushed away quickly to a trauma cubicle right beside the nurse's station.

Harry feels disorientated in a busy place with stark white walls and squeaky lino floors, with too many things happening simultaneously, yet nothing happening all the same. He spots a seat close to Gemma's cubicle but far enough away that he can have some breathing room after clearly the most chaotic hour of his life to date.

What feels like hours pass by in a blur. Paperwork needed signing to allow the hospital to help Gemma in any way she may need, nurses running around like headless chickens, and orderlies transferring patients around the hospital. Worst of all, no updates on Gemma. She's still unconscious and waiting on an orderly to take her for testing.

Harry takes a deep breath in,

1...2...3...4...5

and out,

1...2...3...4...5,

Alright, better! He needs coffee, a piece of fruit, a banana, preferably if he can find one and a quick walk around the halls to get some blood flowing after sitting still for god knows how long.

As Harry goes to walk off, shuffling away from Gemma, a wheelchair is thrust in front of him. Looking up, suddenly, Harry stops and stares jaw on the floor at the blatant good looks of this human. Curly dirty blonde hair, big and round hazel eyes, long legs, broad shoulders, the slightest indent of a dimple on his left cheek. 

Who is this beautiful man?

"I'm Ashton." The handsome stranger says, extending his hand towards Harry, slightly smirking.

"I'm guessing I said that rather embarrassing but truthful thought out loud. I'm Harry, sibling of a patient and definitely not in need of a wheelchair."

With a very puzzled look, Ashton looks down at the wheelchair and back up to Harry. 

"I'm actually on my way to transport a patient. I was told she would use the wheelchair, but apparently, she's unconscious, so she also doesn't need a wheelchair. I was going to park it up by where you were sitting; you went to walk off at the same time as I turned- I'm rambling, I'm sorry."

Harry laughs slightly at this rather odd but still beautiful man. "Honestly, it's okay, Ashton. I'm usually much more of a conversationalist, but the patient you just explained is my sister. It has been a long few hour's with not many answers."

Trying to shake off the nervous feeling and the wonderment of the still unanswered questions, Harry realizes Ashton is still talking. He hasn't been listening.

"Sorry, Ashton, I really don't want to be rude, and I'm sorry for interrupting. Still, I'm in desperate need of food and the strongest caffeine I can find in a hospital that doesn't taste like dirt before Gemma wakes up. I would also like to be here when she gets back from testing. So again, sorry, but I'm going to head off. Please be careful with Gemma." Ashton looked almost shocked but quickly morphed his face into an understanding look.

"It's okay, Harry. I'm sure I'll see you around. Word of advice, head to the cafeteria on the ground floor by the hospital entrance; they make strong coffee that actually tastes like coffee." With a wink, Ashton pushes the wheelchair off to the side of the corridor and makes his way into Gemma's cubicle.