Chapter Six: The middle of the night....

What Harry didn't expect the morning to bring was the ass of the shaggy-headed nurse at his bedside, eye level and ready to be admired. All before the sun even rose.

Harry only knew because it was still dark in the room beside the tiny light of a phone coming from the stranger's chest pocket. Harry is trying to be sly about taking this beautiful man in while he looks over Gemma's charts and reads the stats on the heart and oxygen machines.

He tries to keep his breathing steady, only his eyes squinted open. God, this man is handsomely attractive.

Harry needs to get his shit together.

He is fawning over his sister's nurse while she's all banged up next to him, the driver hasn't been found, and his mum is probably stress-baking before driving down. He can't be blamed, considering it's been almost two years since his ex.

He has never gone to a pub and pulled like Niall; the Irish bartender tells him.

"The best way to get over someone is to get under someone else, or on top of them, whatever way you prefer."

It's sound advice if he was looking for something casual, but he hasn't ever and will never do casual. He has witnessed broken love too often caused by someone attempting casual or trying for the grass is greener with someone else while their partner has no idea. Harry may be bitter considering that has happened to him twice before. Turns out the grass isn't greener for his dick of an ex who occasionally tried to crawl back. It's almost laughable. So casual is not for him at all.

He almost sighs but catches himself quickly, remembering he's meant to be asleep. The hot nurse has finished his checks while Harry is distracted in his own head and peeks over promptly at the siblings cuddled up. Harry holds his breath, hoping and praying he doesn't realise he's been watching.

He flicks one eye open slightly to watch the hot nurse about to leave. Slowly starting to roll over, thinking the hot nurse is gone, he sees him poke his head back in.

"I think you are handsomely attractive too, babe."

Retreating with the biggest shit eating grin on his face that flusters Harry almost as much as his comment. Is he allowed to preen over that compliment when the hot nurse has a boyfriend?

Most definitely not, but wait-? 

That is the same thought Harry had about him before, does that mean he was talking out loud again? How much did he say? 

He really needs to learn to control his brain to mouth functions before it gets him in trouble.