Chapter Seventeen: The rudeness....

Waking up for the third time since his accident has Harry realising the painkillers must not be as strong as they were earlier. He can feel the pain running through his body like a slight burn. It feels like he's been working out for hours instead of sleeping.

Bizarre sensation Harry thinks to himself.

Before he can overthink anything or anyone else, he hears voices outside his door and a light knocking. "Come in," Harry calls out.

Gemma pokes her head in the door hesitantly, "Oh, Hazzabear, you look in a right state."

Harry snorts. "Thanks so much, Gem. I truly appreciate the love coming from you this morning."

Gemma rolls her eyes, moving into the room, followed closely by his mum, Louis, and Ashton. Harry suppresses an eye roll of his own at seeing Ashton following so close to Louis.

"What can I do for you all on this shitty morning?" Harry realises after finishing his sentence how snarky his tone was.

"Harry, don't be rude, you scared the life out of all of us, and we just want to ensure you are okay. I don't know what you Styles siblings are drinking down here. I'm not appreciating the phone calls that my children are receiving medical care only three weeks apart." Anne snaps.

Harry looks sheepishly at his mum and blushes, embarrassed. "I'm not going to apologise, Mum, this was an accident, but I appreciate you being here all the same. Now Louis, what can I do for you?"

Louis smirks at him, "Well, Harry, there is a long list, but to start with, I would like to tell you the doctor has discharged you because other than pain, there isn't any reason to keep you in hospital. I'll have to see you at your house every three days to check on your healing process, change your bandages and eventually remove your stitches. If that's alright with you, love."

There is that word again, and his stupidly pretty boyfriend is beside him. Harry rolls his eyes this time, "Whatever works, love."

Gemma whips her head around. "Harry, you ungrateful git, he's taking time to do home visits, and you are being rude? What is wrong with you?"

Harry smiles at his sister, "Nothing, Gem. I feel fantastic about having my personal space invaded every three days. I feel fabulous about not being given the option to choose my own nurse. I feel fucking fantastic about this whole fucking situation."

Gemma narrows her eyes at him. "You know what? I was going to let you come to remove my cast, but you can go fuck yourself. Ashton, can you come with me, please? I'm not sure where I'm going. This ungrateful dick can find his own way to his house for all I care."

Harry feels annoyed that his sister had a tantrum because he voiced his thoughts which may or may not be fuelled with jealousy, but either way, Ashton has gone too, so that was worth it.

"I'm going to head out to Harry. I'm staying at Gemma's. Call me when you remember your manners." With a quick kiss on the top of his head, Anne leaves him alone with Louis, who has been very quiet and shuffling awkwardly while the family drama goes down.

"Louis, look at me, please." Louis looks up hesitantly, obviously expecting Harry to be mad. He blushes when he sees how intently harry is looking at him.

"I'm sorry, Harry. It wasn't my place to make all these plans for you and assume you would want me around. I enjoy your company and thought you would enjoy someone your age rather than some 80-year-old grandma helping you."

Harry is shocked he didn't realise Louis had organised all of this for him.

"Look, Louis, it's fine, I don't want certain people involved In my care, but I promise that doesn't include you. You happen to be my favourite person right now. Can you please help me get dressed so I can call a taxi home?"

Louis blushes again.

He sure blushes a lot for someone with a boyfriend. Also, what was that comment about enjoying his company?

This whole situation sucks. It's a game of, 'Does he like, like me, or does he not' But he has a boyfriend, so all the pet names, flirting, and cheeky smirks mean nothing.

Harry will leave this situation with a broken heart and a reminder of why he stays away from men.

"I'll drive you home curly. I'm your personal nurse for whatever you may need for the next few weeks." Louis says with confidence and another smirk on his face.

This will be the longest few weeks of Harry's life, resulting in healed wounds and heartbreak.