Chapter Twenty-Two: The start of the truth....

Heading downstairs after brushing his teeth feels much like the walks of shame, he watched people do back in his uni days. He was never one to do the walk or make someone else do the walk.

There are these wonderful inventions that are large enough to fit people. They travel around on wheels and are handy for getting from point A to point B. Cars. Cars are good for driving home after a one-night stand. He will never understand why people walked around wellington after a night out. Even if you don't own your own car, there is another invention called public transport.

Maybe he needed to liven up a bit, but people are dumb.

Loitering in the hallway of his own house does nothing to squash the shame and denial he is currently feeling. He knows he needs to face the music and figure out what is going on, but his brain can't work anything out with his hangover lingering.

"Harry Edward Styles! I can hear you pacing, and it isn't enjoyable. Get your perky ass in here and drink your devil sperm before I tip it down the drain where it belongs."

With one last deep breath and an, it's going to be okay to himself, Harry steps around the wall separating the hallway from the open plan living, dining, and kitchen area.

He glances towards the couch, seeing Niall awake and smirking at him. Gemma and Ashton are snuggled up, looking to be asleep, thankfully. He wishes that the asshat would leave his house. He will need to burn his couch once he gets Ashton off it.

Louis is leaning against the counter with his arms crossed and an eyebrow crooked with a facial expression that says, 'You better listen to me.'

Harry runs his hand through his curls, drops his head slightly, and walks shamefully to the breakfast bar where his coffee and a plate of toast are resting.

"Thank you, Louis."

Louis rolls his eyes.

"Mhmm. Drink your devil's sperm, and then we are going to talk. No excuses."

Harry knows they need to talk, but this could make or break them, and he's petrified. He has the chance to confess his feelings for Louis, but there is a bigger chance Louis will laugh in his face and leave with Ashton. That isn't something he is willing to risk, so he will have to turn on all his charm and flirt his ass off to win this game he didn't even know he was a part of.

How does one convince the prettiest human on earth to leave his triangle relationship and choose him instead?

He walks from this situation with a boyfriend, or he walks out of this with a broken heart. He obviously wants the first option, but he doesn't see a way that it would be remotely possible to win.

"I'm heading out, guys. Shawn is wondering where I am. I wasn't meant to stay. Gotta get the pub open for the lunch rush. Louis, go easy on him. Harry, please don't be stubborn; know it's okay to be wrong. Love you both. Come for a drink when it's all sorted so I can laugh about it all."

With something resembling a courtesy crossed with a leprechaun, Niall leaves.

Harry looks up through his lashes at Louis to find the blue-eyed man already watching him. Louis has an unreadable expression on his face, making Harry nervous about what Louis might say.

"Can we go to my room to talk? I want the truth before looking at my sister and that dick next to her."

Louis scoffs,

"Stop being so fucken rude, Harry."

"Why should I? I'm allowed to have opinions on people."

Louis leans forward on the counter,

"It's okay to be wrong, Harry."

Jumping up, sending his chair flying behind him, he points accusingly at Louis,

"Fuck you, Louis Tomlinson. I'm not playing your fucken game. I don't like your dick friend, and I want him out of my house. I'm going to my office. If he isn't gone by the time I get back, you can pack your shit and leave with him."

Louis doesn't flinch, keeps staring, and then authoritatively demands,

"Sit."

Gaping at him. Harry thinks about listening and decides against it before turning and walking away from Louis. He's not doing this with him right now. He wants Ashton out of his house; if Louis can't respect that, they won't talk.

Walking into his office, he slumps down into his swivel chair, resting his head against his arms folded on the edge of his desk. He wants the truth. He could continue to try to talk to Louis, but he can see it'll just be an argument, he could ask Ashton, but that could end in blood. The only option is to wait it out.

"You're in love with him, aren't you?"

Screeching loudly, Harry snaps his head upwards to find his sister leaning against the door frame, inspecting him so close he thinks she can see straight into his soul. He always did think she was a witch, but maybe that isn't so far-fetched with everything else going on.

"Go away, Gemma."

He knew she wouldn't listen, but what he wasn't expecting was her to stalk over and smack him upside the head.

"Ouch, what the fuck, Gemma. Why do you always do that?"

Smirking, she sits in the seat opposite him and shrugs.

"I'm your older sister, and no one else will whack you when you are being a dumbass."

He knows she is right, but he doesn't feel like having this conversation right now.

"Is that dick out of my house yet, or do I need to call the cops to get him removed?"

Gemma's gaze turns icy.

"You are not calling the cops on my boyfriend, you idiot, and yes, he's gone. Now back to what I asked are you or are you not in love with the hot nurse?"

Harry's mind is spinning. Did she say, "BOYFRIEND?"

"If you paid attention to anyone other than Louis, you would know what happens around you, Harry."

"Fuck off. Gemma Anne styles, you can't have him as a boyfriend. He's not yours to have. Wait, you are sharing. Oh god, I thought I was just hungover. Just go. Leave me to wallow in peace."

If only he truly could have flushed himself down the toilet. Why won't anyone give him a straight answer?

"Harry, talk to Louis. I could give you all your answers, but you need to tell Louis how you feel. You will lose him if you don't stand up and take what's right in front of you."

"If I take something that isn't mine, it's called stealing Gemma, and I'm an honest man."

Gemma stands up and gives him one last eye roll muttering, "Stubborn idiot."

Before walking out of his office. He can't do this. He essentially kicked Louis out, he was rude to Ashton, and he found out Gemma was in a relationship with Ashton while he was also in a relationship with Louis. He gets up and moves towards Louis' room, hoping he isn't in there. He needs to feel close to him but not close enough that he has to actually see him. He'll have a nap, and when he wakes up, he'll try and figure everything out.

Hopefully, it's not too late. He can't fathom having another confrontation right now, so the only option is to sleep. He snuggles into Louis' pillow, inhaling Louis' scent of vanilla and baby powder.

Drifting off slowly, he hears a soft, "Oh. Sleep well, darling."