Chapter Five: The hot nurse....

After his phone call, Harry takes a quick walk in the corridor before heading back to Gemma. He needs to walk off the immense amount of caffeine he had just consumed before settling for the night to wait for a doctor.

Shuffling slowly down random corridors, Harry can feel himself relaxing after a long work week and an even longer evening. He will need to get answers from Gemma before his mum makes the drive tomorrow. Otherwise, Gemma will twist what happened to not worry Anne.

He and Gemma have always been truthful with each other, from feelings about their dad to first crushes and shopping tips. As well as Harry discovering he really doesn't like ladies. Gemma had always been his guiding light in a tunnel of confusion and emotion. She had never judged him; she had helped him figure out his type and what he deserves from a man.

Nothing in this world compares to his love for his mum and sister. Harry is a romantic, looking for the one who will love him as much, if not more, than his family does. He would love to date an English man, but that's hard to come by in New Zealand. Most foreigners come to New Zealand happily married with children to settle in a country that genuinely cares about its people. Finding the ideal physical appearance isn't something Harry cares very much about. His only want is someone slightly shorter than him.

His mind drifts back to Ashton, the cute orderly from earlier. He can't assume that he is interested. Still, he is sweet, charming, good-looking, and has a stable job, all of which are excellent qualities in a partner.

Looking up when he hears hushed voices, the first thing Harry sees is Ashton. Yup, he's still beautiful, just like he had been imagining but what interested him was the short, curvy person in scrubs in front of Ashton with their back towards Harry.

Harry first notices short brown hair and a tiny waist attached to wide hips. Next is the best ass Harry had ever seen on a male, followed by muscly thighs and defined calf muscles. Indicating this person works out. Harry stayed slightly around the corner to appreciate the view of these two beautiful creatures in a very intimate conversation. The shorter of the two had his hand resting on Ashton's chest while Ashton had one hand on their shoulder and the other on one of their hips, he couldn't take his eyes off them.

"I don't know what to do. How do I move on from this? This wasn't supposed to happen." Ashton mumbles while clinging to the unknown stranger.

Harry also picks up on the fact that Ashton has an Australian accent which he guesses isn't that different from the New Zealand accent. Still, it piques his interest as New Zealand is a lot smaller than Australia, so for Ashton to be working in New Zealand, he must have moved here.

His journalist mind wants to ask questions he knows he has no right to know the answers to, but either way, he's curious. The stranger moves slightly closer to Ashton, slumped somewhat to rest his head on the stranger's rather broad shoulders for such a small person. 

"Ashy babe, it's okay. However, your feeling is valid. Whether you want to accept what is happening or whether you want to ignore it and avoid the situation altogether, that choice is your own. Look, I've got to go back and see Gemma, but I'll see you at home. Deep breaths, you've got this. I love you, Ash."

Blowing a quick kiss, the stranger walks briskly back down the corridor, heading to see Gemma. Harry knows it isn't his place to invade on Ashton's partner's advice. He makes his way back to his sister and hopes the stranger has some answers about her well-being and when she can go home.

Feeling disappointed about Ashton and the perfect-looking stranger being in a relationship meaning two beautiful creatures being off the market, Harry heads back into Gemma's room, expecting the good-looking stranger to be in there, but he doesn't see a shaggy head of caramel brown hair. He only sees his sister lying on the far right of the bed, smiling softly at him.

Holding her arm out, Gemma whispers, "Come here, Hazzabear. I have some news from the nurse." He swears he can see a slight smirk on his sister's face, but it's probably just a trick of the light.

"So, this hospital is my new favourite playground, I think. Hot orderly's, even hotter strangers in scrubs, the beds are comfy, they have fantastic coffee. We should come here more often." Laughing, Gemma smacks him upside the head and hisses, 

"Piss off, Harry Edward. I will not be coming back here after I get discharged."

Snuggling back down, Gemma sighs softly once settled on Harry's chest. "I've also met a hot orderly and a hot male nurse, but you were too busy in your playground and missed them both. I do quite fancy the orderly, but he looked scared when I tried to flirt with him. I wonder if the nurse is available?" 

Harry cackles at his sister because this is too much of a coincidence to be a separate person. At the same time, she pinches his side as best she can with a cast on.

"Gemgem, my silly naïve and slightly scary best friend, they are both gay and very much together."

Gemma leans back, looking at Harry assessing. "I don't think we are talking about the same people. The orderly I'm unsure on, but the nurse was just in here giving me the run down about my issues and telling me when I could leave. Still, he also had a lot to say about a tall, lanky, curly-headed space head he saw wandering the corridors. That wouldn't ring any bells with your appearance or your where about, would it, H?"

His bloody sister is smirking again, but she's wrong. He saw how close Ashton and the hot stranger were. No one has that type of closeness and has not been together for a long time. Maybe that's the reason Ashton had moved to New Zealand.

He couldn't hear the stranger's accent but assumed he was a kiwi, realising that the stranger was well, not so much a stranger now he was a nurse. Scrubs, hardworking, intelligent, good-looking. Urgh, what does this nurse not have going for him? Oh, that's right,

HES TAKEN!

Deciding against having a debate with his sister at midnight, he just smiles.

"Okay, Gem, we'll see in the morning, yeah? Also, mum is heading down tomorrow. What did Mr hot nurse but totally unavailable, say to you?"

*smack*

"So, are we breaking out tomorrow? or would they like to keep you so Mr hot orderly but also totally unavailable can be awkward about your flirting again?"

"Home H, as long as all tests are clear." 

Smiling softly at each other, the styles siblings cuddle into each other, slowly drifting off to sleep with very different thoughts on what tomorrow may bring.