Chapter Eighteen: The offer....

Being wheeled out of the hospital by Louis feels intimate for two people who have to encounter an awkward car ride when they don't know each other. Harry also realises that Louis will see the inside of his house, his bedroom, which he doesn't know if he cleaned after looking for a pub outfit. He wishes to let Louis inside his heart, but he knows that place is taken.

Harry is really starting to grow a strong dislike towards Ashton. Whether it's fuelled by jealousy or not, it doesn't stop Harry from feeling annoyed whenever he thinks of Ashton and his stupidly pretty face.

What does Ashton have that Harry doesn't? Right, he has Louis.

That's enough to make Harry sigh. "Sorry, Harry, I know it's colder out here. My car isn't much further."

Harry gulps, "I didn't want to be an inconvenience. I'm sorry you have been forced to do this, Louis."

He can hear Louis huff behind him, but he says nothing. Oops, maybe he should have said nothing. He doesn't want this to be the last time he gets the chance to be close to Louis. Other than his wounds, they have no reason to be friendly. The least he can do is treat Louis with kindness. He would be stuck on the side of the road if it wasn't for Louis helping him right now.

They stop beside a black range rover which, okay, Harry hadn't been expecting much from Louis' car, but a range rover? Was this guy secretly loaded? All Harry can think is what the fuck.

"I'm going to have to help lift you into the car. I'll put my arms under your arms and lift you over. Just push up as much as possible, but don't strain yourself. I'll be able to support you either way."

Harry chuckles, turning his head to Louis, "You can support me either way? Sure, Louis. As if this isn't the most difficult thing for us. There is no way you can support my weight."

He misses the scowl on Louis' face while he laughs to himself. "Rude. I could just leave you here, Harry. See how far you get on your own, or I could get Ashton to come help." He can hear Louis smirk, but instead of acknowledging him, he glares straight ahead with his arms folded across his chest.

"That's what I thought. Ready?" Harry nods, knowing he will be useless for this transfer and that Louis will probably drop him.

"Eeekkkk, Louis. What the fuck!" Harry is surprised but also turned on.

He turns towards where Louis stands outside the car, hands on his hips and a smirk on his face. "Comfy?"

How the hell did that tiny man just throw him into the car? Well, that could be...nope, he can't think about that. He is now stuck in this car for at least fifteen minutes with Louis. A boner would not be a good idea right now.

"Ready to head back to your place Harry?" Louis asks as he clambers up into the monster of a car.

Harry just smiles at him and nods.

Hopefully, this drive goes fast so he can get home and relieve some tension that is annoyingly half a problem in his sweatpants. "Let me programme the address into the GPS, and we can head out."

Harry leans toward the GPS and can hear Louis' phone vibrating every couple of seconds inside his jeans. Louis is clearly not interested in whoever is blowing up his phone. "Are you going to check that? It's rude to ignore people. What if it's important?"

Louis sighs but pulls his phone out anyway. Glancing at the screen, he sighs again. "It's not important. It's Ashton. He can wait till I'm done with you. Nothing is more important."

Blushing, Harry tries not to overthink. Louis puts him before his boyfriend. He reminds himself Louis is just doing his job.

They're about halfway when the music cuts out and popping on the screen is a call from an unknown number. Louis frowns. "Do you mind if I grab this, Harry? It'll come through Bluetooth, so I hope it's nothing awkward. Sorry in advance if it is."

Harry nods his head. "Go ahead, Louis."

Clicking the phone button on the steering wheel Louis connects the call "Hello Louis Tomlinson speaking"

"Hello Louis, this is Amber from the leasing office, we have already spoken to Mr. Ashton Irwin regarding your tenancy agreement but we haven't had the chance to speak with you. Is now a good time?"

Louis looks nervous, and Harry notices his knuckles are going white with how hard he's gripping the wheel.

Through clenched teeth, Louis spits out, "Not really, but I'm sure I know what you will say. How many days do I have?"

Harry snaps his head toward Louis, who clearly avoids Harry's gaze. What is happening?

"You have 7 days left, Mr. Tomlinson. I've pushed it out as long as possible. I'm sorry."

Louis is seething with anger, and Harry can feel the heat radiating off him. "Oh, I bet you are so bloody sorry. Email me the details."

Slamming his hand on the call button to disconnect the call, Louis breathes deeply, "Fuck, stupid Ashton, stupid landlord, stupid bank. Fuck!"

Harry wriggles uncomfortably. Louis is angry, and Harry is aroused by how deep his voice has got and how he keeps smacking the steering wheel.

How can Harry fix this for Louis without just offering a blow job?

He doesn't actually know what's going on. Assuming from what he just heard. Could he help? What about Ashton, he refuses to help that dick.

"Louis-"

"Don't, Harry. Just don't. I don't need your pity. Ashton fucked up, and now I have to pay for it. Guess I'm lucky I have a big ass car that'll fit me and most of my stuff. Fuck. I'm sorry being getting mad. I need a smoke." Louis runs his hand down his face, jaw clenched so tight that harry can see every twitch of his nerves. He also realises how creepy he's being. He shouldn't be staring at Louis while Louis is so angry.

"Can I help at all, Louis? You are doing me a massive favour being my home nurse, and I want to repay the favour. Can I please? Just tell me how."

Louis glances at him sideways before looking back at the road. Harry can see his street coming up, so he knows he doesn't have long to convince Louis to let him help.

"Unless you have a spare room and space for all my junk, you can't help me, Harry. I'm not worth the trouble."

Harry gasps, "Louis, shut up. I can help you. Oh my god. Why didn't I think of that!"

Louis is glaring at him, telling him to shut up probably wasn't a good idea while he was already mad.

Turn right, and then your destination is 500m on the left.

Shit, he needs to explain fast before Louis sees his house.

"I have space for you if you are interested, Louis. I live alone, with no landlord, you can bring whatever you want other than things in the form of other people. We can hash out the details later, but I want to help. Please say yes. You don't have to stay long until you get on your feet. Still, as I said, I've got the space."

Louis looks hesitant. He's out of time to convince him or even explain the sheer size of his house after stating he lives alone.

Your destination is on the left.

"What in the rich boy is this shit, Styles? Are you fucking kidding me?"

Harry blushes. "The second floor is empty other than my office. It's yours if you want it, Louis."

Louis just stares at him, eyes big and blue and beautiful. "I should probably look before I say yes and get to know the flatmate. Still, I like to live on the wild side. It also gets me away from Ashton and his mess, so I'm in." Louis agrees, extending his hand toward Harry.

Wishing the ground would swallow him whole after yet another reminder of Ashton. Even if it doesn't make sense why Louis wants to move away from his boyfriend, Harry shakes Louis' hand.

If he holds on for a second longer than friends, no one but them will ever know.