Chapter Seven: The discharge....

"Right, Miss Styles, you are ready to be discharged. You'll need to come Back in three weeks for a check-up on your cast, and if all is good, then you'll come back three weeks after that to have your cast removed along with an x-ray to check that your break has healed correctly. Your stitches are only butterfly stitches; take those off in about four days. You'll need to keep a cold compress on your ribs and take two ibuprofen every six hours if needed for pain. Suppose you have any dizziness, fatigue, or vomiting. In that case, you'll need to be seen by your regular doctor, but other than that, I think you are good to go unless either of you has any questions?"

Harry and Gemma share a look, both shaking their heads.

"Thank you for your help, doctor we have no questions, so we'll see you in three weeks." With a smile, the doctor hands Gemma her paperwork, and Harry collects Gemma's belongings.

He sends a quick text to his mum saying they are getting an uber back to Gemma's house and telling her to travel safely.

Harry wants so badly to ask Gemma what happened, but he knows his sister will just brush it off until they are back at her house, where their conversation can't be overheard. She learned far too many strange things about secret recording devices in her line of work. Things harry would never even consider when having a private conversation.

Harry's phone pings with a notification saying the uber is 2 minutes away. He puts a hand on Gemma's shoulder, telling her they need to head out to the front. She nods at him and starts strolling down the sterile white halls. Hearing not only his own but Gemma's shoes squeaking on the too-clean linoleum floors comforts harry in a way he didn't know he would appreciate.

Once again, he hears two voices slowly becoming familiar. He feels a sense of jealousy or maybe possessiveness when he hears Ashton's slightly deeper voice after the hot nurse's higher one. He has no right to feel jealous or possessive. Hot nurse isn't his for the taking and has a lovely and attractive partner.

"She's leaving this morning, and I'll never see her after this, babe. We aren't meant to give patients our numbers, and in her line of work, I have no reason to see her again unless the worst happens, and she ends up back here. I can't lose her after finally feeling like this after all I've been through. I came here for a clean break, and what if she's the missing piece?"

Hot nurse sighs, "Ash, babe, do you honestly think I'm one to talk about protocol and what we are and aren't allowed to do at work? I would be a blushing virgin and wouldn't have flirted with the cute, curly-headed, potential love of my life."

Getting closer Harry and Gemma watch Ashton throw his head back and cackle. Gemma looks mildly amused with a smirk on her face while Harry just scowls and folds his arms over his chest. Keeping his head down, Harry starts walking past the two attractive men who are lent far too close to be anything platonic.

Ashton looks like he's seen a ghost when he spots Gemma smirking at him. "Something you would like to say, Ashton?" Gemma questions.

"Um, just wanted to ask if you are okay getting home. Actually, can I have a quick word before you go?" Gemma smiles flirtingly at him batting her eyelashes far more than needed for this kind of setting, considering she is in front of his boyfriend.

"Sure, Ashton, I would love to have a quick word. Why don't you chat to him while you wait, H?" Harry freezes knowing Gemma is gesturing towards the hot nurse. How is it meant to hold a steady conversation while this gloriously hot nurse leans so casually against the wall with a round hip cocked outwards and a delicate hand pressed on said hip?