Chapter Nine: The pinkie promise....

Walking into Gemma's house after a chaotic 18 hours of far too many emotions, Harry collapses on her couch, hoping to squeeze in a nap before his mum gets there.

"Harry, I know you have questions, but can we pretend it didn't happen? You know what my job is, I have high-profile clients, and you know sometimes it can be dangerous if the wrong person finds out they are seeing me. I'm safe, and I promise I will tell the police everything. I just need my best friend to be by my side for support without pressuring me to explain. Please, H, please?"

Gemma grabs his hand and squeezes it tightly.

"Please?"

Harry sighs, hoping this won't bite him in the ass later.

"Sure, Gem, if what you need is my shoulder and not my opinion, I'll keep it to myself. As long as you pinkie promise me, you'll have the police find whoever it was and have them charged."

Gemma looked him in the eye holding out her good hand with her pinkie raised.

"I pinkie promise with a cherry on top, H."

Shuffling over, Harry rests his head on Gemma's while drawing her in for a hug, whispering, "I love you, Gemgem."

Squeezing the best, she can into the hug, Gemma whispers, "I love you the most, Hazzabear."

Drifting into a slumber with Gemma laying on his chest is easier once he knows his sister will involve the police. His dreams are full of 10 numbers, bright blue eyes, smirking lips, and comments about house calls.

"H, Gem, my babies! Where are you? Why is it dark?"

Harry can feel his mum's panic before he even opens his eyes. Gemma attempts to sit up slowly, groaning, "Mum, we were asleep. Please stop shouting!"

Harry yawns, stretching his long limbs and feeling a satisfying pop in his back, wondering how long they had been asleep that it was dark. "Hey mum, what time is it?"

Anne looks at Harry, smiling. "It's dinner time, my love; I ordered pizza on the way here, so it shouldn't be long before we can eat."

Looking around Gemma's living room, Harry feels slightly off considering how similar his house is but also so different, considering his and Gemma's style and taste are very different. While her house has white walls, marble, and a clean, modern aesthetic, Harry's house is the opposite in pastels, rustic furniture, and organised clutter. Giving his house more of a farmhouse vibe.

"So Gem, are we talking about it, or are you pretending the therapist doesn't need help like usual?"

Gemma rolls her eyes slowly, "I am going to shower, put the jug on, and make us a cuppa, yeah? Also, I have help Mum. I have the police and my lovely Hazzabear. We don't talk about it because it's not a concern. I love you so much, Mum, and I appreciate you being here, but please don't push me; I'm tired."

Harry glances warily at their mum, hoping she'll accept that. He doesn't want them to fight, but he knows they can both be stubborn. With a defeated look in Harry's direction, Anne shakes her head, saying nothing, and moves into the kitchen area to start making a hot drink.

"Gem, that was rude. She wants to support you through whatever mess you've got yourself in." With another eye roll, Gemma leaves the room. Harry leans back onto the couch with his mind wandering to blue eyes, curvy hips, and English accents. He wonders if he will ever see Louis again or if the hot nurse plaguing his thoughts will forever be just a thought.

Harry and Gemma don't often have sleepovers now they are older, and their houses are so close together. Still, with his mum in town, a police investigation, Gemma hiding things, and Louis constantly on his mind. Walking home after pizza, wine, and a movie wouldn't be wise. He wouldn't have slept much either, which would have ruined his weekend.

Flicking a quick text to his boss Liam, asking if there was anything urgent for the next week he needed to cover or if he could take some personal leave. Quickly explaining to him about Gemma's accident so that Liam understands why he needs the break. Harry stretches on the too-small bed for his large frame rubbing his eyes and yawning loudly.

He needs a good sleep and then a too large coffee as soon as he wakes up.