12

Ella pov

"Ambrose called off our date" i throw myself on the sofa next to Rosie in a huff " I want ice cream and a good romcom" I shoved the ice cream in my mouth in a little mood, Rosie stared at me and arched her brow " your such a little girl sometimes" Rosie laughed " so Iv got 50 first dates or we have goodbye sally may"

" hmmm 50 first dates definitely. Old but gold" I decided on this oldie i love adam sandler.

Rosie grinned " great choice" before turning around and hitting me across the face with a pillow " cheer up el I promise he's probably cancelled for a good reason.. hey can I ask you a question?" Rosie trailed off awkwardly with a question, it was with hesitation I could tell.

I nodded for her to continue but she looked to the ground, " do you ever wonder about you father? Sorry if I'm out of line but.. remember your here against your own will.. and you forgive Ambrose? It seems you care for him? Ella" Rosie finally asked, her question did surprise me, if I'm honest with myself I haven't given it much thought, from what things I didn't know, Lucien told me my father is really a low life, he nearly ended my mother's life using the money on gambling, I owe my mothers life to Ambrose and if I'm honest I like it here, was that being honest to myself ? Am I happy? Why haven't I tried to leave? I have but Ambrose always appeared, now I accept staying here I just want to see my mother.

I smile to Rosie and shrug " I guess so but I'm used to being here now.. I like it but I try not to remember that Ambrose is keeping me here I like to think this is just my home. Why do you ask?" Her question is odd I don't like thinking about it, I do care for Ambrose Iv seen his soft side he's charming, that smile would make anyone weak at the knees.

Just Rosie was about to speak Ambrose walks through carrying a unconscious man over his shoulders, behind him trails Lucien who carry's a sleeping child he walks beside a woman they smile to each other staring at the sleeping child, I don't know why but a massive rush of upset comes over me seeing Lucien smiling at that girl, jealousy maybe? It hurt. Phoenix appears behind me " 50 first dates. Don't mind if I do " pinching the ice cream tub and throwing himself onto the sofa.

I look straight at Lucien his face drops as he notices me, I look at him and at the girl " I just.. erm I just need to grab a jacket" I stutter thinking of any excuse to leave the room, who is that girl? The way he looked at her, I don't know maybe he loves this woman.

I couldn't get to my room quick enough, I rushed in and locked the door sitting on my bed, I sat staring at the floor I heard a knock but I didn't move I just kept my eyes on the floor, the door handle turned " open please Ella it's Lucien. Let me talk to you" Lucien pleaded at the door, part of me wanted to ignore him, have I imagined it all the flirting and spending time together? Was I overthinking the connection we had, well thought we had.

I open the door and let him in before sitting down on the bed smiling " so what's up? I just needed to grab a jacket it was getting chilly" I try to lie but knowing Lucien he could see straight through that.

He sat down next to me " I need to speak with you.. the child you seen me carrying. Iv only just found out she's my daughter. Her name is Emily" Lucien smiled at me staring. " oh the Woman is Kate. She's my ex girlfriend from a few years ago.. nothing more just my daughters mom" he tried to reassure me I'm sure.

Lucien put his hand on my face " please don't worry. Ella I like you. She's just here with my child" Lucien looked at me and leaned in, kissing me slowly on the lips cupping my cheeks, the kiss was long and meaningful, the butterflies in my stomach danced around at his touch, I was falling in love with this man, I felt Lucien smile against my lips before kissing me on the forehead " I need to go help Emily and Kate settle in. It's getting late. Get some rest" Lucien stood up kissing me again on the cheek and left the room, the empty feeling of having him here made me feel sad, i want him back here with me, I can't help the way I'm feeling towards him and Ambrose. I need to be careful I'll love them both.