Chapter 1- What's This?

Hello, my name is Lucian and I'm a werewolf. I have a Husband named Jake who is human. I still don't know much about humans, but that's why I have Jake with me to help me learn more about them! Me and Jake have been married for about 5 years now and had zero problems. Honestly I love Jake with my whole life. I would do anything to protect him from any danger. But what he did today was kinda a surprise for me because I did even know he was going to do this so this is where the story begins!

One day Me and Jake was relaxing at our house in bed together cuddling each other. Jake told me that he was going to get up and get ready for work which made me sad a little... Okay maybe it made me sad a lot more then what it should have but that only because I wanted to spend more time with him. So as I watched him get read for work I just went back to sleep in bed because I'm still sleepy. Jake gave me a kiss on my cheek and left for work. It's kinda lonely in bed without Jake by my side. But I have to deal with it every day since I can't really get a job since I'm a werewolf. Plus I know actually nothing about how the human society works.

Jake's Pov

As I was driving to work I thought, wouldn't it be nice to have another person in the house instead of just me and Lucian being there alone? That when it came to me maybe we can adopt a child! Yeah that way I can help Lucian understand the concept of having a child a little more. But I honestly would need to do that after work of course because I can't afford to be late.

7 hours later

Finally work is over with. I swear that today's shift to way longer then yesterday's shift but what ever. It finally time to go to the adoption center and adopt a child to surprise Lucian. As I got to the adoption center there was two people I knew there that I didn't like so I decided to stay in the car for a bit until they left. After about 20 mins of waiting they finally left and I went into the adoption center just like that. As I walked in I was greeted by a kind lady at the front desk. She asked me if I want to adopt a kid and of course I said yes. She lead me toward the area of kid that I could adopt. There was only one kid that caught my eye of attention so I asked the kind lady to adopt that kid. His name was Chase. I filled out the papers for adoption and took Chase home with me.

We got home and I told Chase to sit in the living room down stairs while I go get his other parent. I walked up stairs to Me and Lucian's to see he was on the floor playing with his tail. I walked up behind him and gave him a hug he got a little scared but hugged me back. I told him that I have a surprise for him and he need to be in his human form to see it. He questioned why but changed into a human anyway.

Lucian's Pov

I turned into my human form and followed Jake down stairs to the living room to my surprise it was a child. Jake told him to come and meet me and me and the kid just stared each other into the eyes until the kid finally said something, "Dad. Why is he ugly?" When I told you I wanted this kid gone... I wanted this kid gone. Jake saw I wanted to throw this kid and he told the kid to go upstairs to a room that has stuff he can play with in.

"Love I know u already don't like Chase but give him a chance." Jake said trying to calm me down. "A CHANCE?! THE KID CALLED ME UGLY OUT OF NOWHERE!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. "I know but please just calm down!" "Fine! I still don't like him😒." "That's okay. U don't have to like him just don't harm him or ignore him. I adopted him so u can learn about kids and get use to being around them." Jake exclaimed. " Okay I won't harm him." Jake is always able to calm me down when I'm pissed off or just not having a bad day. That's a reason why I love him so much! Anyways, I walked up stairs to find Chase. He was in Me and Jake's bed asleep. I was kinda tired myself and I don't really like sleeping in my human form so I changed back into a werewolf and got in the bed with Chase. I guess he felt my fur and he started to cuddle me like I was a stuff animal so I cuddled him back and fell asleep.

The Next Day

It was the next day, when I woke up Chase was still holding onto me. But I managed to get him off without waking him up. I went down stairs and went to the kitchen to see Jake making breakfast for me and Chase. I walked up behind him and gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek and then went to the bathroom down stairs. During that time I also changed back into my human form just in case Chase woke up soon.I brushed my teeth, washed my face, and put on some clean clothes for today. When I got out of the bathroom Chase was awake and was walking down the stairs. I walked up to him and picked him up because he looked like he was about to fall face first into the floor. I sat him down at the dinner table where Jake put the food and we had a very nice meal for the morning. Still I'm trying to get use to this kid being around now but I think I'm getting use to it pretty well!