Chapter 21- Nightmare

Lucians's POV

In the morning I woke up next to Jake in bed. He was still asleep so I decided that I would make breakfast for him and Chase since Jake always makes it. So I got out of bed and started to head downstairs to the kitchen. While in the kitchen I found a cookbook. This would be helpful considering the fact I never cooked before. I opened the book and start to find a simple but good breakfast option I can make. I found a recipe for some pancakes. Jake makes them all the time and they always taste so good! I'm sure it would be easy to make some pancakes for Jake, Chase, and myself. I just need some Sugar, milk, flour, salt, some butter, an egg, vanilla extract, and baking soda! Now that I know what I need... I just need to figure out where everything is... Maybe I should have gone through all the cabinets beforehand so I would have an idea of where things are....whatever! Time to cook!

(Time skip😘)

I found everything and started cooking. When I finished cooking the pancakes looked pretty good. I sure do hope they taste as good as they look tho... But that where my lovely husband and child. I soon heard footsteps coming from upstairs. When the person came down the stairs it was Jake. He still looked sleepy but looked capable enough to reply to me. So. I said a simple good morning to him. He said good morning back and walked over to me and hugged me. Chase looked as if he had all the energy in the world though, he ran over to Jake instantly clinging onto his leg for dear life. Jake wasn't fully awake and so I'm guessing he wasn't aware but it's a little weird for Chase to be so full of energy and yet so quiet...he would've said good morning by the time he saw both me and Jake.

I transformed into my human form before kneeling to meet Chase face to face, Jake caught himself before falling and that's when he realized what Chase had been doing. He didn't look at me or Jake he just stared at the floor continuously tapping his feet on the ground, I'm not sure what's wrong with him though he's just not talking nor is he looking at either of us.
"Chase? Is everything okay?" Jake leaned down attempting to pull Chase off his leg but he only held on tighter continuing not to say a word. Jake caught his breath before looking at me with a confused expression across his face, I just shrugged proceeding to stand back to my feet turning back into my wolf form so I would be able to pick Chase up "Alright Buddy c'mon, I made pancakes for you guys." I moved behind Chase detaching him from Jake's leg. As soon as I got him off he ran straight back onto Jake's leg. "Chase c'mon buddy, is something wrong, or did something happen to you?" I asked getting down to his level. Chase then starts to speak. "I had a scary dream about you guys...." Chase says in a sad tone. "Can you tell us what it was about?" Jake says patting Chase's head to comfort him. "Papa unalive's dad just to be with me...." Jake and I were both shocked by what we just heard Chase say. I kill Jake?! So that only I can have Chase?! That's absurd! I would never do that. I love both of them equally. But I love Jake more.

Jake's POV

Lu would never kill me. He loves me too much for that thought to even come to his mind. I look down at Chase and start to talk to him. "Now Chase, you know your papa would never do that to me. Especially if it's to only get to you. You know that right?" I say trying to comfort Chase a bit more. He nods his head and then speaks. "I know... It was just scary and I don't want it to happen..." Chase says looking down as he continues to hold onto my leg. Lu then gets closer to Chase to try and comfort him a bit so he can let go of his leg and eat his breakfast. "Chase come on. How about we eat breakfast and then go see Uncle Aaron? How about that buddy?" Lu says patting Chase on the head. "Yeah! Let's go see Uncle Aaron!!" Chase says getting off of my leg and jumping up into a chair at the table to eat breakfast. Me and Lu giggle at Chase's reaction to going to see his Uncle. Lu then sets things up on the table for all three of us to eat.

Once we finished breakfast me and Chase went upstairs to get dressed so we can head over to Aaron's place. After getting dressed we all headed for the car and Lu drove us to Aaron's house. Surprisingly when we got to Aaron's house Aaron and Nio were outside in the front yard sitting down in the sun relaxing. So they both saw us pulling up into the driveway. The second the car came to a stop Chase hopped out of the car and ran towards Aaron and hugged him.

Aaron's Pov

Chase ran up to me so fast that he almost knocked me over. It is nice to see the little rascal. " Hey, there buddy. Nice to see you again." I say with a smile on my face as I hug Chase. "It's great to see you too Uncle Aaron!" he said very joyfully."So what brought yall over here today? Need me to watch Chase again?" I asked Lu and Jake."No, we decided to just come over since Chase wanted to see you. Plus I get to talk to my brother again." Lu said. "Oh really? Thats fine. By the way, the other two are inside the house." I say to Lu and Jake. "Well looks like that's where I'm going." Jake says as he heads towards the front door to go see Kyi and Oscar.