Violet-Chapter-Thirty-One

20th December 2008

"Violet" Nicholas called from the sofa in her office. Violet raised her head up from the document she was reviewing before her holiday finally begins and she can relax with her family and friends.

"Yes, love?" She smiled at him. She clasped the cap on the pen and placed it on top of the document neatly before leaning back on her white leather chair. She used to love turning it around in circles until she got dizzy but after almost falling off it when she rolled it too much she stopped doing that.

"I was thinking since we have been dating for three years now, how about you come and spend Christmas and new year's eve with me and my family?" Nicholas leaned forward on the sofa watching Violet's facial expression. To say she was shocked was an understatement, she had never imagined him inviting her to spend Christmas together.

"At Sandringham?" Violet asked to make sure he didn't mean in secret, not she'd mind, she was okay sneaking to Norfolk and staying hidden in one of the hotels there.

"Yes," Nicholas answered standing up from the sofa, he couldn't sit still as he awaited an answer from Violet. She rolled back her chair and stood up slowly. She rounded her table and stood in front of Nicholas with the sweetest smile any man could be on the receiving end of.

"I would love that" Violet said without putting much thought into it, not like she needed to. She has always wondered what her Christmas would be like if she spent it with Nicholas.

"Really?" Nicholas asked as if he was making sure. His past lovers always declined his offer out of fear of being around so many of the royal family and besides none of them were really loved by the public, but Violet was adored and loved being already known for who she is. Kate was known to the public for having dated his brother for the last seven years.

"Yes, I would love nothing more than spending Christmas eve around the Christmas tree with your family as we exchange ridiculous presents and laugh about them until bedtime. Then having you all to myself alone in the bed we will share and probably make love in because you are one horny bastard and I love you so much I cannot resist you. I would also love going to church the next day and praying as if we did not commit many sins the night before" Nicholas blushed as Violet spoke, her words were unusual, she was usually the shyer one. This surge of confidence almost shimmered out of Violet but Nicholas attacking his lips with hers prevented that.

"Then get ready, tomorrow we will be leaving. I will pick you up around nine" Nicholas was breathless when he pulled away. Violet was in a daze for a second causing silence to envelop them both.

"Will you drive?" Violet asked. She had always found it very attractive when he was the one that drove, the way he steered the wheel with one hand while the other usually either held hers or was placed on her thigh drawing patterns. It caused butterflies in her stomach when he would turn a corner with one hand only.

"If you want me to" Nicholas smirked already knowing of what was going through her mind. Violet shyly admitted this attraction a couple of months ago by complete accident.

"Yes, I would like that" Violet mumbled turning to walk back to her desk. The tension was high now and she couldn't be near him if she wanted to finish the document, the last document before the holiday.

"Look who's horny now" Nicholas teased cheekily as he plumped back down on the couch bouncing a little. Violet glared at him and decided to hurl the small teddy he gifted her on Valentine's day, she had it sat on her desk so she could stare at it whenever she could.

21st December 2008

"Don't forget to call me after the church service" Emily Davies reminded her eldest daughter. Violet felt like she was in school all over again and her mother was telling her not to leave her father's hand until she reached the school grounds.