Violet-Chapter-Fourty-Three

15th January 2010

Violet stood before the mirror, the soft morning light filtering through her bedroom window. She meticulously applied her makeup, a skill she had perfected over the years. Her makeup was subtle yet enhancing, accentuating her features without overpowering them.

She had chosen a dress of regal grey for this important meeting. Its fabric seemed to mirror the calm confidence she felt within.

Today was no ordinary day. She was to meet with the Queen herself, a prospect that filled her with both excitement and nervous anticipation. This meeting was not just a social call; it was about shaping her role and responsibilities in the royal sphere.

Violet glanced at the clock and realized it was time to head out. She smoothed down her dress, took one last look in the mirror, and then headed for the grand meeting that awaited her. By her side, Holly Turner, her trusted protocol teacher, would guide her through the intricacies of royal etiquette and the formalities of the day. Together, they were about to embark on a journey that would change Violet's life in ways she couldn't yet imagine.

As Violet and Holly entered Buckingham Palace, the air was filled with an aura of regal elegance. The Queen's personal assistant, a poised and impeccably dressed woman, greeted them warmly. With a gracious smile, she guided them to one of the palace's ornate drawing rooms.

Inside, the Queen herself sat gracefully, a teacup in hand, her serene presence filling the room. A small table was set with delicate china and a steaming pot of tea. The Queen's corgis lounged nearby, adding a touch of coziness to the grandeur.

Violet approached Her Majesty first, offering a respectful kiss on each cheek before executing a graceful curtsy, a symbol of tradition and respect. "Your Majesty," she said softly, her voice filled with deference. "Thank you for granting us this audience."

The Queen acknowledged her with a regal nod and a warm smile, motioning for them to join her at the table. Holly followed Violet's lead, greeting the Queen with a curtsy of her own, and they all settled in for what promised to be an important discussion amidst the comforting aroma of freshly brewed tea.

As Violet took her seat across from the Queen, she was presented with a stack of folders containing detailed information about various candidates. These folders represented potential team members who would assist her in her new role as the wife of Prince Nicholas, the heir to the throne. Prince Nicholas, the son of Prince Charles, the Prince of Wales, was set to play a pivotal role in her life, and assembling the right team was paramount.

Violet carefully opened the first folder, her eyes scanning the contents. "Your Majesty," she began, her tone respectful, "I am truly honored to have this opportunity to serve and support Prince Nicholas and our royal family. I understand the importance of assembling a capable team, and I'm eager to make the right choices."

The Queen nodded in acknowledgment, her gaze fixed on the folders as well. "Indeed, my dear," she replied with a regal air. "A strong team is the foundation upon which a successful royal life is built. Let us begin with the search for your personal assistant. What qualities are you looking for in this role?"

Violet considered the question, her fingers tracing over the documents. "I believe someone with discretion, organization, and a deep understanding of royal protocol is essential. Additionally, a strong sense of loyalty and dedication to our family's duty is of utmost importance."

The discussion continued as they reviewed candidate profiles, exchanged ideas, and explored potential candidates for Violet's personal assistant role.

With each folder reviewed and each candidate discussed, Violet and the Queen felt the weight of their decision. They understood that the individuals chosen today would play pivotal roles in shaping Violet's future as a member of the royal family.