-19-

Fliss had spent her Sunday in Andy's arms, both of them relaxing on the sofa whilst they chose an old-style film to watch (and actually watch it for once this time). She liked having someone to spend the day with, or rather the weekend. Someone who actually did seem like they cared about her.

Something like this was a little foreign to her, and although still within the stages of being quite shy around Andy at times, she had felt in some ways that her confidence had grown.

For a start she'd have never dreamt of letting her dinner date know that she wasn't wearing any panties. But something about Andy made her feel a little more liberated and free.

He would always notice her, even when she deliberately tried not to put in an effort.

He'd always compliment her, whether it be her hairstyle or what she was wearing.

All these factors that made him, also made her question just why he and his wife had separated. How any woman could walk or turn away from a man like him was beyond her.

Felicity could feel now that as the days rolled by since their weekend together, that she was beginning to feel more than she thought she would for Andy Barber.

It was exciting, and yet it also scared her.

She wanted to know him more, and she was starting to - yet there were things that he was holding back from her.

Fliss had talked about her family, and yet he had never really spoken of his. Ok yes, his wife was a raw subject for obvious reasons, and she knew he hailed from the Boston area, but aside from knowing that as well as his age and where he lived, she knew nothing else.

And it only made her more curious.

Now, a week on from their lazy Sunday as well as a frisky Friday night, she was back working hard, answering emails, putting calls through and making sure her outfits left little to her boss's imagination.

Today Andy was out to give a talk to law students from the university, and so currently she was taking messages and simply forwarding on emails that he was sent.

"Hi Fliss, I gave Mr Barber the Harris case file to look over, but I need it back if you're able to grab it from his office for me?" Leslie, one of the attorney's now appeared at her desk. "I know he's at a meeting but there's some changes that need to be made".

Fliss got up. "That's fine, I'll just grab it for you and bring it to your office, could be still sat in his 'in' tray" She smirked and headed into Andy's office while Leslie returned to her own.

"Harris file...harris file..." She muttered to herself as she tried to find it, now opening one of the drawers to see if he'd put it in there.

As she did, her eyes caught sight of a picture, Fliss now taking it and looking at it.

It was of Andy, sat on the steps of a house alongside a dark-haired boy and a woman to the other side, smiling casually for the camera.

Wait...

What?

Andy had never mentioned about having any children, so who was this?

"Felicity". She jumped and quickly looked up as Andy was stood in the doorway looking at her with confusion. "What are you doing?"

"I...er...Leslie asked for the Harris file, needed to make some changes, so I was looking for it".  She felt her mouth go dry.

Shit. The look on his face was unreadable, but it was clear he was pissed off at her for 'snooping'.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know where you'd put it..." she now defended herself. 

He came into the room and to her side, taking the photo silently from her hands and then looking at it. "Did you try the 'out' tray before going through my drawer?" He asked calmly; however, it scared her a little at just how subdued he really was. 

"Ah...yeah that may have helped, wasn't in the 'in' tray". She said a little nervously and looked in the 'out' tray, finding the file. "Right, got it, I'll go get it to Leslie". She said, going to move past him, but he grabbed her wrist. 

"Flissy..." he suddenly looked different, almost more darkly at her. "Don't try the drawers again, if they're not in the trays then ask me..." 

She nodded silently. "I didn't mean to-"

"Go get that file to Leslie". He interrupted her, needing to let her go before he allowed his emotions to get the better of him. 

Letting go of her, she quickly retreated from the room and down to Leslie's office, trying to calm herself down. 

He was angry. 

Angry at her...

She should've just put the picture to the side and carried on doing her job. 

Great, now he'd probably fire her for misconduct or something like that. Her heart began to beat a little faster as she knocked on Leslie's door and walked in. "The file". She smiled, trying to take a breath. 

Leslie frowned. "Are you ok Fliss?" 

She nodded. "Yeah, I think I have a migraine coming on", now turning and heading out before the attorney could question her further or offer her some aspirin. 

Heading back to her desk, she sat down, hands shaking a little and now looking at her wrist, seeing the faint marks where Andy's grip had tightened around it. The look in his eyes, it had scared her a little. 

Focus Fliss, focus on the job... 

She couldn't though, her mind going back to the picture of the woman and teenage boy sat with Andy. How her mother had hesitated on hearing his surname. 

Something wasn't sitting right

And unfortunately, it only made Felicity want to find out more about just who Andy Barber was, and who the two people with him in the picture were.