-23-

The scarf...

That was what had struck her from Billy's words.

Her own had gone missing, Andy replacing it with a new one...

Did he have it?

A momentum of hers to keep? Just so he could draw her in with apparent kindness by gifting her another.

It was like a moth to a flame.

Then there was the subject of his wife, but also the picture that she'd come across in his office drawer.

It was clear to Felicity now that the people in the picture were Andy's wife and son.

So, what had happened?

Where were they?

Had he done something to them? Or them to him in order  for him to still be 'dealing' with it? It was sounding more and more like a case of a wife walking away and not being reasonable with divorce proceedings judging by things he'd said.

Her thoughts were dancing around in her head as she walked home from the office one evening. Billy's words about looking over her shoulder, haunting her every step.

And she did.

She looked back every so often and at her surroundings.

Fliss had no idea why. This was Andy, he wasn't about to follow her home or anything. He'd been out when she'd left work and had messaged her wanting to know whether she wanted to go to dinner on Friday night.

She'd given him a response of yes, she'd love to, before continuing her journey, the darkness beginning to fall upon Colorado.

Steph was at the boyfriend's tonight, so it was making her a little more anxious of walking home and spending the evening alone. In fact, she wouldn't be surprised if her friend was all but ready to just ditch her and move out for good. At least she could afford to keep the apartment now that she had a decent paying job.

As she approached the apartment complex she now glanced across the road. Something catching her attention out of the corner of her eye.

A black Audi...

Fliss stopped and could see someone inside of it.

Watching her...

She stood there until the door to the Audi opened and Andy got out, walking over to her and kissing her gently. "Thanks for coming over, didn't fancy another evening alone" she smiled.

She had to keep things as normal as possible. At least then perhaps he'd open up more. That and she simply couldn't stay away from him, suspicions or not.

Slowly she had come to realise that she had fallen hard for him, and still was in the process of doing so despite recent revelations.

Andy Barber was certainly the last person who she was going to be scared of, even if his father was considered someone to be.

"Hey, it's ok - got the takeout". He held up the bag with the Chinese takeout boxes in. She'd asked him earlier if he wanted to come have dinner with her this evening as well as them arranging Friday, stating that she didn't want to spend the evening alone again.

"And I got the dessert". She whispered into his ear.

He looked at her a little feral now. "Such a tease" and escorted her inside the complex.

As Fliss lay beside Andy later that evening, head rested on his chest - he knew that he wanted more than just the odd night spent with her.

She deserved more than that.

"Flissy..."

"Mmmm?" She raised her head slightly in a sleepy state. "You ok?"

He looked down and kissed her forehead, "How about we get away this weekend? Just you and me, away from the town and hideaway in a cabin or something?"

It sounded romantic, but also it sounded like the idea place to murder and hide a body.

He's not his father Fliss. Every family has their secrets, even yours - you've only just found out they've been keeping Julia from you after all. Andy would never hurt you. Her mind eased her uncertainty that she currently felt that moment.

"Sounds amazing", she groaned, "but you shouldn't spoil me. I'm not worth it".

"To me? You're worth everything".