♣〰Chapter 3 // lost〰♣

It was a cold, quiet night in the Roll Cake Forest. The only thing a cookie could hear is the faint chirps of crickets, strumming a soft melody for nature to sleep peacefully too. While the stars put on a light show, tap dancing as the music of the crickets only urged them to dance more. Suddenly, the sound of rustling bushes caught nature's ear as a young cookie crawled out of her hiding place. The cookie had white, puffy hair styled in a half-up half-down hairstyle with many toppings, along with pink syrup. She held a carnation pink two-stringed guitar, with magenta tuning keys; that appears to have a waffle cone texture. She wore a white cold-shouldered tube top with thin blue straps and over-sized sleeves ending with a pink ombre and scallop pattern, a red skirt with a white waistband and brown detailing at the hem, and a pair of boots; one of them pink and the other black with pink laces. Her outfit looked torn and scratched from hiding in the bushes for a long period of time, while the look of panic and fright was glued onto her face. 

She looked around frantically while holding her beloved guitar upward as a weapon. Nothing but trees as far as the eye can see. Once she thought the coast was clear, the cookie stumbled over to a nearby tree and sat down to catch her breath. 

"This is bad... this is so bad!" She exclaimed to herself.

"If only I didn't try to take a shortcut through the woods! I'm such an idiot! Now I'm gonna die here, all alone!"

The cookie soon noticed many silhouettes of cake monsters brooding in the distance, causing her to immediately stand up and sprint away as fast as she could. Which only urged the monsters to follow her to catch their prey. Unfortunately for the cookie, the cake monsters were faster. They instantly caught up to her and tackled the cookie down by biting into her legs Causing the poor cookie to fall over while screaming in agonizing pain. The cookie snatched her guitar and slammed it into the cake wolf that was biting into her leg, making the cake wolf fall forward in pain. The cookie tried to stand up, but her leg was so badly injured, she only fell back down and scooted away. But she only cornered herself into a tree, as the cake monsters surrounded her. 

'Looks like this is the end...' she thought. 'At least I accomplished most of my goals..'

The cookie clenched her body and curled up into a ball, so she could try to protect herself for as long as possible. Shivering in fear as her end drew closer. Until the sound of yelping drew her attention and uncovered her vision. The two cake wolves there had an arrow lodged into their sides and within a blink of an eye, had three or four more. This caused the cake wolves to instantly collapse onto the ground, leaving only the three cake monsters left for slaughter. The cookie looked around to find where did the arrows come from, then heard rustling from the tree above. Before she could react, a tall, muscular cookie jumped down from his perch and sprinted toward the monsters in front of him. He snatched more arrows out of his quiver, set them into the bow, aimed, and fired without hesitation. The monster bellowed in pain as the taller cookie drew out a sharpened spear, and swiftly impaled the abomination through its chest. He leaped onto the beast's chest, took more arrows out of his quiver, vaulted into the air, and shot the other beast in the forehead. Once the cookie landed, both beasts dropped to the ground, lifelessly. He walked towards the carcasses and took out the remaining arrows and spear, not noticing the other cookie by the tree.

He glanced over to find the cookie had passed out, then approached her to find her leg was injured. The taller cookie examined the body to find any other injuries, but could only find scrapes and scratches. Thankfully, the unconscious cookie appeared to be breathing, so the taller cookie picked her up and placed her on his back. 

'I can't just leave this cookie for dead...' he thought. 'She doesn't appear to be evil, by looking at her instrument. But, looks can always be deceiving...'