♣〰Sick Day // Oneshot〰♣

It was a late morning in the Cookie Kingdom. Townsquare was just as busy as always, as the Townsfolk bumbled about to their destinations. One cookie, in particular, was Dark Choco Cookie. Now in a more casual street outfit with his hair up in a ponytail, rather than his battered armor and cape. He usually never came to the cookie kingdom, due to his paranoia of being recognized or getting caught by Dark Enchantress Cookie's Goons. But, this was different. 

Every day, Parfait Cookie would always come and visit him. All day, every day. The only exception to this would be if she had informed him that she wouldn't be able to visit. Nevertheless, it had been at least a week, and Parfait never showed up to his cabin. The first day when it happened, Dark Choco just assumed that she was possibly too busy and brushed it under the rug. However, as the days flew by, she never came to visit. This started to worry Dark Choco, as his anxious mind began to overflow with terrible thoughts of her being injured or worse. 

Dark Choco soon ended up at Parfait Cookie's house and immediately went up to knock on her door. Before he could, the door swung open with Parfait Cookie's older brother, Rockstar Cookie, right behind it. Dark Choco was somewhat surprised to see him as Rockstar Cookie stopped and looked up to see him, with a displeased look on his face.

"Oh... it's you." He blankly said. 

"Rockstar Cookie..." Dark Choco replied.

"Choco... You're supposed to be in the woods, right? What're you doing here?"

"You know why I'm here. Where's Parfait Cookie?"

"Oh. She recently got the flu-"

"The flu...?! Is she ok? How bad is her fever?"

"Woah woah, calm down emo boy. It's just a moderate fever. That's what Doctor Bones Cookie said when he made a home visit. It'll go away in about a few more days."

"May I see her?"

"Sure, be my guest. Just, try not to get sick yourself."

"Thank you.."

Rockstar Cookie then steps out of the way and opens the door slightly more to let Dark Choco in. 

"She's in her room, upstairs. The third door on your left and has a sign that says "Pew Pew" on it. Can't miss it."

"Thank you, Rockstar Cookie."

"No problem, emo boy."

After Rockstar Cookie leaves to tend to other matters, Dark Choco Cookie instantly darts upstairs and spots Parfait Cookie's room. Before entering, he knocks gently on the door, fearing that he could scare her if he barged in like a lunatic. A few seconds later, a very raspy and faint "come in" caught Dark Choco's ear and he headed inside. 

"Parfait Cookie...?" Dark Choco rhetorically asked.

"Dark Choco Cookie...!" Parfait coughed. "I'm so sorry for not coming to visit you for the past few days..."

"No, no. No need to apologize, Parfait Cookie... I'm just elated that you're ok, for the most part."

Parfait chuckles weakly. "Thanks, Choco...!" 

"How bad is it...?"

"It's not so bad as it was a few days ago... It's just a head fever from what I was tol- Ahh... Ahhh!!"

Parfait swiped a tissue from her tissue box on her bed, as she sneezed into it. Dark Choco slightly scooted away in order not to get her cold. She then wiped her nose with her tissue and inhaled the best she could, in order to clear her nostrils. 

"Hey, don't do that." Dark Choco objected.

"H-huh...?" Parfait stuffly said.

"That'll only stuff up your nose more." He stated while giving her two more tissues. "Here, blow into this the best you can." 

"T-thanks Choco..."

After blowing her nose and throwing the used tissues into her trash can right beside her bed, Dark Choco questioned to himself if she'll be ok while her brother is gone.

"Hm... Parfait Cookie?"

"Y-yeah...?"

"Are you gonna be alright on your own, while your brother is away...? Do you have anyone caring for you while he's away?"

"Oh...! Uh, no. N-not really." She sniffed. "I usually try to get around myself, since I don't really wanna bother anyone... B-but, I-I'm ok!"

Dark Choco was taken aback by her statement. How on Earthbread is she allowed to carry on, tending to herself while she has the flu when she should be resting? It reminded him of his father when he got colds and injuries. The amount of times he would physically restrain him, just to get him to rest was damn near palpable. There was no way he was gonna let this slide. 

"No. No no. I'm not letting this happen any longer than it needs to. You are going to stay in this bed until you get better."

"Whu- bu- huh? The-then how will I-?"

"I will take care of you until you get better."

"Dark Choco Cookie, you don't have to do that...! I-I'm fine!" She chuckled.

"You're not fine, you're sick."

"Choco..."

"Don't worry..." Dark Choco said while touching her shoulder. "I'll be here to take care of you, alright? Besides, I don't have much to do today anyway."

Parfait smiles softly.

"Thanks, Dark Choco...!"

"You're welcome..."