#ONE

Mama why are you crying? what happen to Abbah?
Mama why are you brandishing Abbah's picture? ya, Khaleel please talk to me.
ya, mima why are you all crying?
worried Ameerah asked.
meerah someone just call me now that Abby had an accident while going to the bank to withdraw money for your school fee and he couldn't survive it. "Khaleel said to Ameerah and prance out of the living room to go get Alhaji Abdulsalam's corpse.

Inna lillahi wa Inna ilaihi rajihun!"
Ameerah chanted and fall to the ground crying. she's daddy's girl. her dad loves her so much more than her siblings.
Alhaji Abdulsalam has three children one male and two female. Ameerah is the last born and his favorite.

Khaleel arrived together with some men with Alhaji Abdulsalam's corpse.
Ameerah heard the buzzer of Khaleel's car, she trotted out of the living room crying.
she reaches where Khaleel's car is parked and open the back door. Ameerah enter inside and started crying her eyes out.
Abbah please wake up. Abbah, please don't leave me in this world. Abbah, you promise to tell me something when you come back from the bank.

the men standing there walk to the car and take Ameerah out. but she was struggling with them wailing on top of her voice.
meerah! stop!. "khaleel yell with an authoritarian voice and Ameerah stay still.
Ameerah go inside now. Khaleel commanded and Ameerah spurned to go inside.
Khaleel flick back his tears and walked toward her. Ameerah hugs him and continue crying.
Meerah I know how painful it's for us but what Abbah needs now is our prayer.
khaleel said and Ameerah exempt herself from the hug and march inside.

Khaleel calls his Uncle even though they leave in Abuja while they are in Maiduguri. before they should reach Maiduguri it will be late.
his uncle told him to go on with the funeral prayer with his dad's friends.

Khaleel takes his corpse together with the men that help him procure Alhaji Abdulsalam home. they take him to the room opposite the gateman's room to bathe him. Khaleel call all his father's friends and told them what happened. he also call their neighbor mallam Ibrahim for the ritual bath.
they all arrived and Khaleel take mallam Ibrahim to the room where the corpse is.
mallam Ibrahim finishes bathing him and dresses him in white cloth for the deceased.

mallam Ibrahim instruct him to call his siblings and mom for them to pray for the deceased before the funeral prayer.
Khaleel wipes off his tears and saunters out of the room. he marched to the porch and open the door then call his mom and sisters.
they follow him to the room while crying.
they enter the room and the family started crying but mallam Ibrahim told them not to cry but pray for him.

they finish praying for him and Khaleel walks them out even though they spurn to leave the room.
the corpse was taken to the mosque and Ameerah started trotting toward the men that carry the corpse crying.
Ameerah started wailing and suddenly conk out. Khaleel takes her to her room and locks her inside with the key.
Khaleel walks to the gate and joins them.

All the neighbors come to Alhaji Abdulsalam's house for a solace visit after hearing the news of his death.
some of hajiya hafsah's relatives that are in Maiduguri all come and the living room is crammed with people who came for a solace visit.

******************

Two weeks later