chapter seventeen | scorpio

November 8, 2021.

I woke up this morning to the sun creeping in through the blinds. I turn over to see that Austin's side of the bed has been made and is empty. My eyes open from my long yawn and I realize the floor is covered in pink and white balloons and a trail of red roses leads to the bathroom.

I slide on my slippers and follow the trail into the bathroom. A giant bouquet of various pink and red flowers sits on the bathroom counter.

Austin's handwriting on the note reads "Happy Birthday to my forever lady. 26 has never looked so good. I love you with my entire being. -Austin."

I can't help but smile and laugh. Someone pinch me because I must be dreaming.

Austin had multiple red gift boxes sitting on the counter as well. Each box had a different luxury brand of makeup and skincare product including Dior, Chanel, Tom Ford, and Yves Saint Laurent.

My favorite lavender incense was burning next to the bathtub that was filled with warm water and fresh bubbles.

I take off my nightgown and slowly dip my body into the water. I lay all the way back and close my eyes, laying my head on the folded towel supporting my neck.

"Good morning birthday girl." Austin whispers standing at the door holding a mug of coffee.

"Good morning baby." I reply smiling at him.

He kneels down to hand me the coffee and kisses my head.

"Thank you for the flowers, the gifts, and this amazing bath." I chuckle.

"You're welcome. Now relax. Breakfast will be ready when you're done." Austin says, slapping the door frame on his way out.

I enjoy my bath until the water gets cold and my skin prunes. I slide on my black silk robe after drying off and make my way to the kitchen.

A whiff of warm sugar, melted butter, and bananas hits my nose. Austin turns around holding a pan and a spatula.

"Banana nut pancakes." He smiles.

The amount of love he makes me feel is enough to make me feel like I'm about to burst at the seams.

A plate full of pancakes and a glass full of fresh orange juice sits in front of my usual barstool.

I make my way over to Austin who is now facing the stove again and hug him from behind. I feel the warm skin on his shoulder blade press against my face as my fingers graze the muscles on his abdomen.

"Thank you." I say softly before heading over to my barstool and starting my breakfast.

"These are so fucking good." I say with a mouthful of pancakes. Austin hovers over me with his mouth open as I feed him a bite.

"Get dressed. We're going out." He says still chewing his food and rubbing the back of my head gently.

I finished getting dressed and did my makeup with my new products. I topped everything off with a red lipstick since I knew it was Austin's favorite.

"Phew, you are sexy." Austin chuckles walking behind me towards the car before opening the passenger door for me.

Austin and I walk down the sidewalks of Rodeo Drive before he guides me into Cartier. We are immediately greeted by an older gentleman behind the jewelry case.

After browsing Austin follows me to the earring counter.

"We'll take a look at these if you don't mind." Austin says to the associate as he points to the small gold hoops in the case that I have been staring at.