Karaoke? Yes please!

Today was the day of the Golden Peach race. MK and Mei were shouting about joining it and earning a "peach of immortality", but you knew it was a fake. All of the plans you made about saving characters have been completed so all you have to do now is watch the story change... hopefully.

Mei and MK were rewatching old videos from the last Peach Races, analyzing the steps the winners took to reach the finish line.

Mei's dragon motorcycle was being upgraded right before the race. She made sure to add in extra jets and boosters, as well as a larger gas tank. MK was more clueless, he was sure that his dingy little delivery cart was going to work.

'I'll make a few posters to root on MK and Mei, maybe even RedSon.'

The rest of your waiting time before the race was spent using cheap crayola markers to color little poster board signs. One of the signs said "GO MK AND MEI!", with a little doodle of the two. The other sign was red and orange with the word "REDSON" on it.

MK and Mei rush out of the shop and onto their vehicles. You decide to wait to leave, with Pigsy and Tang. Sandy texted you that he sadly couldn't make it to the race since Mo was having stomach problems.

Pigsy, Tang, and you drive over to the race site shortly after Mei and MK left. The entire place was booming with food stalls and excited watchers. You peaked over to watch the pit where all of the brightly colored vehicles were placed.

Surprisingly, there was one less giant car than you remembered. The giant vehicle which Yin and Jin once piloted was missing from the lineup. It was replaced by a tiny racing car with someone you didn't recognise in it.

'My first major story alteration!!! Did they decide to not race because of me? That's a bit confusing since I barely just met them.'

Pigsy and Tang walked over to a food stall to buy some food. The pig demon claimed he wasn't hungry and was just 'scoping out the enemies' . He was buying sweets, there is literally no competition between noodles and candy.

You decided to separate from the group to explore the place yourself. A familiar pair of horns were able to be seen over the crowd. Yin and Jin sat near the railing, chatting happily to each other and eating some barbecue skewers.

Jin looked over and immediately made eye contact with you. The only thing you thought of doing was a little awkward wave. Jin said something to Yin before walking over to you. "What're you doing here? Aren't you meant to be down there with MK?",He asked.

'Woah this guy has a side other than funny, surprising.'

"Oh, I'm just cheering him on at the sidelines. He'll probably do better without me bugging him. I was wondering what you were doing here. Wouldn't you prefer being down there and racing?", You ask him and check your wallet to count the bills you have.

'I can afford a few snacks here; I don't think food trucks take credit cards.'

"Yin wanted to race down there but I thought our methods of... driving... are a bit too extreme for normal mortal souls. We'd probably run over a few of the contestants in the competition."

'So he's scared of hurting people down there? That's such a drastic difference from what was shown in the show. Did he think I was going to be down there, so he didn't want to race and hurt me? Am I reading too much into this?'

Jin ate the rest of his skewer and began to think about something. He decided to ask you what was on his mind for the past day or so. "You aren't exactly mortal, are you?"

"What?"

"I mean, nothing about your blood smelled normal. Are you using a disguise?", He asked and pointed towards the bandaid on your hand. You opened up your palm and looked at it.