Skeleton Key

You were totally and absolutely fucked. One of the most (arguably) dangerous characters knew your secret and you haven't even gotten very far in the story so far. It's only season one. Before you could even ask Macaque how he knew, he already disappeared into the shadows.

It was the absolute worst time to drink, especially since the next episode on track was the Skeleton Key. For all you knew, you would have to deal with the key shenanigans whilst having a hangover.

'I'm just going to sleep and deal with all that shit tomorrow, It's me time.'

The warm bed comforted you as you dozed off without a care in the world.

_______

It was NOT you time. A banging sensation rocked your head till you wanted to die as you stumbled out of bed for some pain killers. Your phone vibrated aggressively with notifications from MK. The noise just irritated the migraine even more.

MK: (Y/N) the mayor is visiting! He said he had a gift for Mei and I. :DDDDDD

'For fucks sake'

You downed a few pills with a glass of water before shimmying out of your old clothes. A shower sounded amazing right now but you were afraid of taking too long and missing the action. Your outfit slipped on and you ran out of the house, forgetting to lock the door on your way out.

Running through the city was now a normal occurrence. Pigsy's Noodles came in sight, and you could hear gasps from inside. Mei and MK were receiving the Skeleton Key at this very moment.

'Right on time.'

"WOAH, like ALL doors??!!?", MK asked the strange man as you rushed through the entrance. "Why yes, my dear civilian. ALL doors."

His voice was chilling you to the bone. 'Why do some people simp for this dude? I can feel him staring at me even without pupils. Icky'

Prolonged eye contact occurred with him, he began completely ignoring the questions from Mei and MK now. Maybe you made a mistake coming here so soon. That shower is now even more appetizing to you. Everyone else in the shop seemed to pay no notice to this strange man. This city was so weird.

"Why, (Y/N) I have something for you too!"

"How do you know my name?", you ask incredulously. He chuckles and responds," You've been the talk of the town recently, being captured by the spider queen and surviving. Cheering on the son of the Demon Bull King during the Peach Race? You're quite the odd one, I'll give you that."

'Oh, great he somehow knows everything. What's next, Lego god? He's gonna predict I know the future of something? Give me a break .'

Mk and Mei were still in awe over the large ominous key, you rush over and snatch it. "Sorry guys, this is way too dangerous for you all. We need to put this somewhere safe, like a vault."

The mayor continued staring. His gaze seemed to switch between intimidating and confused.

"I'm sorry (Y/N) but that was a gift specifically for them, I don't think you shou-"

"Choke on a dick Mayor."

'Did I say that? I said that out loud didn't I. IN FRONT OF MK AND MEI. If I wasn't dead before then I am dead now, this maniac is going to kill me.'

"Excuse me?"

'No going back now.'

"Choke on a dick. Nobody tells me what to do."

MK and Mei were staring at you like you were the coolest person in the world. while sighing, you grab the skeleton key and walk out of the restaurant. Pulling out your phone, you open Monkey King's contact. MK gave you his number, but you've never used it. The bustling city surrounded you in an almost comforting state of constant noise. People shoved past you in a hurry.

(Y/N): Hey Monkey King, this is (Y/N) btw (MK gave me your number)

(Y/N): I have a super powerful artifact I need hidden away.

(Monkey Man): Why don't you just put it in powerful artifact pile at your house?

(Y/N): oh yeah sure, let's make me a target for every villain in the country

(Monkey Man): that powerful? I

(Y/N): yeah, monkey man, when can you pick it up?

(Monkey Man): Kinda busy at the moment pranking Nezha in the Celestial Realm, maybe an hour or two :)

(Y/N): good enough for me

You lifted up your head as you felt someone tap on your shoulder. A shiver went up your spine. The mayor was just standing there and looking at your phone. He smiled eerily. Your surroundings became less comforting, the world seemed to slow.

"We can't have you messing up any more of our plans (Y/N). Tell him to disregard your messages."

"I'm not doing that."

More weird eye contact. You decided to take a detour from going to your house, since you didn't want to give him that info. Even though he probably already knew where you lived. The mayor continued to walk with you, mumbling to himself about something.

"You are going to tell him to disregard, or I will cut off your tongue so you can never speak that way to me again."

'O h... that was a major change in attitude. This guy is scary scary.'

You began to shake a bit, dealing with stressful situations like this were definitely not the easiest thing. The mayor was still staring with wide eyes and a smile. You couldn't speak since you began shivering.

Was it always this cold?

He stalked a bit closer since you stopped walking entirely. You pulled out your phone and opened up the texting app. The mayor smiled.

You turned up your brightness and showed it to him, opening up Monkey King's contact.

Before sending your location to Wukong.