Danger

You were cold. No... you were FREEZING.

Who knew that you could still feel temperature when you're stuck in your own mind?

When you opened your eyes to see the never-ending void surrounding you, frustration began to well up in your veins. Cold water pooled near your ankles to submerge your feet.

A small, blurry window was revealed at the top of the void. It showed what your body's eyes saw.

Currently, Lady Bone Demon is piloting your own body as some sort of vessel, while everyone else is unaware of your possession.

You couldn't stand watching her plan to manipulate your own friends through your eyes, but there wasn't anything you could do to stop it.

Wukong -

Nothing was going right for Wukong. He was stuck in a dank old cell being guarded by some celestial know it alls.

Who knew that trying to play a prank with a key which can open ANY door was a bad idea? Especially when it pertained to an immortal figure.

"Nezha had it coming.", Wukong muttered under his breath and bounced his knees as he sat impatiently.

All of his belongings were just out of reach of the cell, laying on the ground in front of him.

The familiar sound of his phone receiving a notification sounded out through the room.

"Hey uh... Slightly buff immortal guy? Can I see my phone for a sec?", Wukong tried to show his best puppy dog eyes.

It was of no use, the guard looked at him and sneered. The phone was still going off and Monkey King peeked through the bars to get a closer look. He couldn't read much of the messages since they were passing by too fast, but he did catch sight of a few worrisome words.

"SOS"

"HELP"

"Danger"

Worry overcame Wukong, you rarely texted him and whenever you did, it was important. He should have heeded your warnings about the key.

One of the guards' radios began to fizzle out a message loudly," Large unnatural magic burst was released near Megapolis. Agents 105 and 204 are assigned to repair damages and report back any injured citizens..."

The two guards looked at each other and then back at their current prisoner.

"Don't worry guys! I won't go anywhere. Not really an option to escape since this place is so heavily fortified.", Wukong lied out of his ass.

This prison was familiar to him because of the single fact he had escaped it so many times. These guards seemed to be new to the job since they immediately had no qualms with leaving him alone.

They shuffled out of the room and kept the keys, one of the guards left a clipboard with a pen laying around. No problem.

Wukong was experienced with trickery, he first reached for the clipboard and pen. The pen was just in his reach, so he grabbed it and used it to poke and prod the clipboard in his direction.

Once he had the clipboard, He turned it sideways and used it to slide his own items towards himself.

'These dumbass guards never investigated what was in my bag, the key is still here unbothered. Guess they thought I was just trying to pay the celestial realm an unwelcome visit.'

He opened the prison cell easily with the skeleton key and shoved it back into his bag. The buzzing of his phone had stopped a while ago, but this worried him even farther.

He only had one thing on his mind.

"What if I was too late?"

When Wukong arrived at DBK's lair, as you mentioned in your texts, he was distraught. The ceiling was extremely unstable and falling apart piece by piece. Stray rocks were laying around on the floor as extreme tripping hazards.

The unconscious body of a giant purple bull was laying in the middle of the massive room. Two smaller demons were curled up next to each other, also passed out.

He squinted to look around for your own body lying somewhere in the room.

A large rumble sounded out from the top of the cave as a sharp rock threatened to fall. Wukong's eyes widened as he recognized you crumpled beneath.

The rock cracked around its origin.

Monkey King ran over to you, scooping you into his arms and pulling you out of the way just in time for the rock to fall and miss the two of you.

He looked down at you, your eyebrows were furrowed.

When his hands touched your forehead, he jolted back from how cold you were. Your body still had a pulse, but something was very off about you.

"Hey, (Y/N), you awake? You're going to be okay.", Wukong's voice became shaky. He blamed himself for not taking your warnings seriously enough.

MK ran into the room with a very dazed Mei next to him.

"(Y/N)? Wh- Wukong? What happened to them?", He rushed over to you.

"Mei got possessed by this crazy demon thing, (Y/N) didn't have enough time to fill me in on everything. I should have listened to them and followed..."

More rocks began falling from the ceiling. Wukong knew that DBK would be fine if he was submerged in the rubble.

'He has experience being buried underneath mountains; those two demons might be in trouble though.'

"MK, get (Y/N) and Mei out of here, I need to help those two demons over there before they become demon shish kabobs." Wukong's voice became stern and focused.

"Gotcha."

You were carried gently through the collapsing tunnels. MK used his staff to shoot all three of you back to the opening of the cavern.

MK looked down at you, your eyes opened a bit. A chilling blue stared back at him through drooping eyelids.

"MK.", you muttered.