Dinner

Sam and Dean walked back to the table, where Cas and Jack were already sitting across from each other. Jack stared at Dean with pleading eyes as he made his way over. Sam sat down next to Cas leaving the spot next to Jack for Dean. Jack was as far away from Sam as he could be, he hoped it was enough. The three men talked, catching up on everything they had missed, while Jack sat quietly. Sam noticed he hadn't eaten much, but didn't say anything because he figured he was just nervous. Dean, on the other hand, was on his fourth taco. He was starving after the events of the day, he was struggling a bit though.

"You having a hard time?" Sam teased.

"Shut up, tacos are supposed to be messy."

"Why don't you use your right hand then?" Sam didn't think about Jack, he was more worried Dean had it hidden for another reason. Truthfully, Dean had his hand resting on Jack's knee, trying to make him more comfortable. Dean knew what he meant by the question though, so he raised his arm and pulled up his sleeve, making an exaggerated display of his arm, stood up, and walked away. Jack looked to Castiel who nodded him towards the door. He quickly got up and went to follow Dean, hearing Castiel's immediate scolding. By the time he was out of the kitchen he heard the front door slam. He ran out the door, seeing Dean make his way to the Impala.

"Dean? Where are you going?"

"I dunno, I just - I can't do that conversation with Sam right now. I just need to clear my head. I'll probably just drive somewhere and turn back around when I think everything will be okay. Yes, you can come - I figured Cas would send you out. I'm not gonna leave you here alone with them if you don't wanna be." He said opening the passenger side door. Jack got in without saying anything and waited for Dean.

"You could've just told him you know. I don't care that much, he already knew I was kinda uncomfortable."

"Yea, I guess, but it would've just happened later on. I just can't do it with him." They rode in silence until they arrived at a dock. Dean turned off the car and got out, walking over to the edge of the dock, Jack followed. When they got to the end, Dean sat with his legs hanging off, right above the water. Jack sat a little bit farther back, but still right next to Dean. They didn't say anything, just sat there watching the water. It was starting to get darker, making Jack a little anxious, when he heard Dean's phone go off. He ignored it, but over the next few minutes, he had several text tones go off, followed by two different phone call tones. The drive was at least forty minutes, and they had been there for around half an hour so he understood why.

"Are you gonna answer them?"

"No. We'll head home in a little while. If Cas texts your phone, answer."

"Okay." A few minutes later, his phone vibrated in his pocket. He pulled it out and saw Castiel's contact, followed by a message.

"Where are you guys? He's usually back by now. Why isn't he answering me"

"We're at a park, sitting by the water. He didn't say why he wouldn't answer."

"Tell him he needs to head home soon. It's getting late."

"Okay." Jack looked up to Dean.

"Dean, Castiel asked for us to head home... plus it's dark."

"Okay. We'll leave, I don't wanna go home yet, but I know you don't wanna be out here in the dark. You've only had like half a taco today, let's go get you something to eat first."

"Okay... Do we have to go in?"

"No, we can go to a drive-thru, we have a 'McDonalds' and a chicken place. What do you want?"

"McDonalds?"

"Okay, let's go." About fifteen minutes later, they were pulling into the parking lot. "What do you want?"