A Lazy Day

Jack woke up in the middle of the night still not feeling well. When he went to the bathroom, he realized why. He started his period. It came as a surprise since they were very irregular due to him being underweight. He quickly put in a tampon and changed into some more comfy clothes. After hours of trying to go back to sleep, he gave up as he heard Dean and Cas's alarm go off. He waited until he knew Cas was gone for work, then got up, knowing Dean always left an hour and a half before Dean. Jack sleepily stumbled to Dean's door, blanket still wrapped around him and gave a soft knock.

"Did you leave your phone again?" Dean asked, before opening the door. "Jack? What are you doing up so early?" He didn't respond, he just walked in and layed down, curling into a ball. "You okay kid?"

"No."

"Do you need anything?"

"Jus' wanna go back to sleep."

"Have you been up long?"

"Mmh since like two."

"Why didn't you come get me?"

"Didn't wanna walk over here."

"Can I do anything?" Jack just reached out his arms. Dean walked over to the bed and laid down next to him. The boy nuzzled his head into his side. "Can you tell me what's wrong? Do you feel like its the flu, or strep, or something?" Jack shook his head. "Okay. What are your symptoms?"

"M' cramping, head hurts, back hurts, tired, can't sleep."

"Is it possible you're on your period?" Jack nodded softly. "Awe, I'm sorry bud. I'm gonna go get you some stuff. I'll be right back." True to his word, Dean appeared back in the room moments later, arms full of supplies. "Alright, I got a hot water bottle, 'Sprite', water, nougat, and some pain meds." Dean handed Jack the pills and hot water bottle. "I already told everyone I wasn't coming in today last night when you started feeling bad. We can just stay in here and have a lazy day, watch movies or something."

"Okay."

"What do you want me to put on?"

"Can we watch more of the cartoons?"

"Sure." Dean replied, looking through the channels. "Just let me know if you want anything else, ok?"

"I wanna sleep."

"Okay, you can go to sleep. I'll be here." Jack nuzzled back into Dean's side. He patted his chest, letting Jack know he could lay on him. He quickly accepted the offer, and moved to lay on him. He loved being close to him, he felt so safe. Dean slid a hand under his shirt and began rubbing his lower back. After about half an hour, he was asleep. It didn't last long though, Jack woke back up within the hour, quickly disappearing into the bathroom. Suddenly, all Dean heard was retching. He jumped up, running to the door.

"Jack?" He didn't respond. "Are you okay?"

"No."

"Can I come in?"

"Yeah..." The toilet flushed, and Dean walked in, seeing a disheveled Jack sitting on the floor.

"Does this happen a lot?"

"No, only a few times."

"You think you're gonna be okay now?"

"I don't know."

"Alright...how about we take this trash can over to the bed and go lay back down?"

"M'kay." Dean quickly moved the trash can from the bathroom to the floor by his bed, and returned to the bathroom, reaching out a hand to Jack.