09 Frazzling Emotions

My Lord, then do not place me among the wrongdoing people.

(Quran 23:94)

                                  🥀

                                  🥀

"She what?" asks Abeeha with her eyes widened almost in a whisper.

Noor packs her bags to leave for the camp, she still had an hour left. So her friends decide to stop by. She closes her eyes, her head against the wall and her fingers rotating the ring on her finger.

When Noor decided to reveal her change in decision, Amaan's parents came in the afternoon to exchange rings. Asad and Sadia were euphoric over everything. And thus, she lost another chance to end the battle between her heart and brain.

"You are saying, the girl who thinks a lot before shedding a tear, cried infront of a man whom she barely knows. "

"Yes, for the nth time now, Abhi, " sighs Shifa.

They look at her, patiently waiting.

"Dream.. " exhales Noor.

"What about it? "

"There was no Amaan, it was him. "

Their mouth left agape as they watch her solemnly sit on bed with her legs crossed, elbows on knees and hands intertwined.

"What? Why did you..?" trying her best to keep her volume low.

"Why else Shif, she was running away but now she is stuck. "

"I want to understand you, but all this is so stupid Noor."

"I know, I was agitated. I messed it up. I wanted to end everything by accepting the proposal, betraying my heart and listening to my mind. But now, with every step it feels I shouldn't have done this. I can't sleep, eat or do anything. My mind just keeps traveling back to the moment I said 'yes'.

I really wanted to undo, really. But then I'm like what's the point, I mean what do I say to my parents, his parents and then him. He already likes someone yet I tried this afternoon after posting hours but Amaan's..." she rambled rubbing her fingers anxiously.

The ring feels heavy on her. She wants to cry, but crying made her think of how she became vulnerable infront of him which is one among the ludicrous things she has ever done after accepting the proposal. And what's worse, it kept getting worse. The more she struggled, the quicker she is being pulled into the quicksand. Maybe staying still would cause the gradual process, either way..

I'm doomed.

" So now..? " asks Shifa sinking beside her.

"Letting it go.. I can't break Amaan. As for him..." the feeling of thorn-picking pain was back.

"Di! Car's ready, " says Nahyan coming into the room, grabbing her bag and heading out.

Putting on her abaya, she glances at her friends, reading their expressions.
"Wont you please pray for me? "