19 Stormy Depths

Oh mankind, you are those in need of Allah while Allah (alone) is Self-Sufficient, Praiseworthy.

(Quran 35:15)

🥀

Once upon a time, there was a young princess who was promised the position of a queen of a neighbouring kingdom by the person she loved the most, the prince.

Dressed in a red attire, she enters the grand suite, her handsome prince at the other end of the ball waiting for her beside the throne, holding a nuptial chain.

Amidst the cheering crowd, the falling pink petals, clear bright sky and the beating drums, the prince grabs her hand and ascends a white horse. They run across the valley thinking of a beautiful future.

But as they pass through their days, that chain she adored constricted her neck, suffocating her. An unseen calamity, a dull sky and darker nights unfolds infront of her and she realises that she has entrapped herself in a cursed fairytale.

When the last knot of the nuptial chain breaks, like the falling beads, she escapes from the cruel prince, a disguised demon.
But as the years passed, she couldn't free herself from the trauma it caused and always found herself on the end of the chapter refusing to close the book.

Has it become a habit now or did she long for that feeling of 'being loved' momentarily?

Sipping his drink, Fawad looks at Abeeha who stood stationary looking at a person. It is as though her breath staggered when that person starts approaching her.

The clicks of glasses against his, distracts him.
"We are very excited to work on this project with you, Mr.Fawad."

Fawad smiles at Mr.Chatterjee, "pleasure is all mine."

"I must say, Mr.Dawood has a really good potential to convince people."

Dawood laughs it off, "well, it's a win-win situation."

The opposite party, their colleagues and Dawood engage themselves with talks but Fawad's attention keeps drifting to crying Anam in Abeeha's embrace.

He overhears someone from behind, "isn't that Abeeha, Shahzad's ex-wife?"

Dawood nods at Fawad, signalling him that he'll handle things here. As he approaches Shahzad, he hears him speak, "haven't fallen in love or couldn't come out of mine?"

She doesn't say anything rather steps back. He looks at Anam, "oh.. people don't accept you, do they?"

Her grip tightens around Anam.
"I'll soon be getting married you know. Oh the amount of proposals I got. Did you?"