18 Stolen Glance

Every soul will be detained for what it has done.

(Quran 74:38)

🥀

Life could've been easier if it comes with a summary, like how we chose upon novels to momentarily live a fictional tale. Easier it is.

If we knew, perhaps we wouldn't chose to live. There's no disclaimer, nor do we know which part of our story is the climax. Every moment feels like it.. the most important segment but as we live on, another chief section comes our way demanding attention like it is the 'capstone' of our biography.

One such fragment displayed infront of Sadia makes her smile. Had she seen a moment of her married life, would she have still chosen to marry Asad?
She would, she knows. Her heart has always loved him and it continues to do so. She still likes his name next to hers knowing that it is this name written for her thousands of years ago. Sadia was destined to be his.

Asad clears his throat, looking at her admire Noor and Dawood from afar, cooking together. Pulling her out of trance, she's a little taken aback.

Watching him dressed up, "is it time already?"

He nods, fidgeting with his necktie. She turns to him, taking it from him but he stops her, putting the tie back around his neck. "This could provide better accuracy. "

She thinks for seconds before proceeding, this moment is unlike him. Maybe the meeting he will have today is crucial. When she's done, he steps away to leave but turns his head back to see her for a moment, her pleased gaze is back to the kitchen.

"Sadia.."

Her eyes shifting back to him, "did you leave something behind?"

Unlike him, she's easier to read like their daughter. "No, " he stands before her, contemplating on his thoughts, again.

An assuring smile becomes apparent on her face, "you'll be fine, Asad. This isn't the first time you are to deal with hospital board of directors."

This isn't the reason why he stopped, why is it difficult for him to express himself? Yes, their relationship didn't deteriorate, but it didn't flourish either. She made efforts, he acknowledges it. But he couldn't bring himself to say anything, what excuse would sound like one if he voices out a reason?