15 Beloved Light

Iblis said: "My Lord! In the manner You led me to error, I will make things on earth seem attractive to them and lead all of them to error,

except Your chosen servants among them."

(Quran 15:39-15:40)

🥀

According to mathematics; differentiation is a process of finding the instantaneous rate of change in function based on one of it's variable and probability is a number that reflects the chance or likelihood that a particular event will occur.

What if the variable remains constant?
The answer remains same irrespective of the times it is computed.

And when the probability of an event is a number between zero and one, zero would indicate impossibility of the event and one indicates certainty.

Right now, no matter how he mentally calculated the probability of their togetherness, the solution always resulted in 'zero'.
The function of his heart remains same as the day he was smitten by her and the variable remained constant despite of suitables shown to him.

Fawad sits with his hands intertwined, resting on the table before his laptop. He is supposed to concentrate on the PowerPoint presentation displayed in front of him but for twenty minutes he is stuck on one slide. His eyes drifting to Abeeha through the transparent glass of his cabin who is oblivious to a pair of eyes boring into her soul, working.

Nothing worked in his favour, neither his heart nor his family.

He shuts his laptop with a sigh and leans back on the chair.
What a fool to have laughed at Dawood's plight.

He watches her expressions change from relaxed to horrified while talking to a lady who approached her, whom he recalls is a babysitter. She abruptly gets up and rushes to the elevator.
Before Fawad could comprehend his moves, he finds himself running towards her. He checks the number on elevator and runs down, taking the stairs.

Damn this feelings!

He huffs and watches her enter kid's room which Dawood had insisted in making for mothers working with them. He composes himself and peeps in. Abeeha picks Anam, quickly checks her temperature by the dorsum of her hand and brings her close to her chest.

She talks to the babysitter and heads towards the door. Startled, Fawad runs to the elevator, taking heavy breaths before she reaches.

"Assalamwalaikum," she greets, impatiently pressing the button of elevator again and again, constantly biting her lower lip.

Labouring his breath, "Walaikumassalam."

"Sir, can I leave early today? "

They enter the elevator and he looks at them for a second.