Skeletons

{CHARACTER DEATH, VIOLENCE, BLOOD TW}

Breaking it to Eiji would be the hardest part. Ash knew that. Though he was certain he and Blanca's plan would work... he would be asking a lot of Eiji and Ibe.

" Ash? You're so quiet... what's wrong?" Eiji asked, staring at him as they both ate cereal that morning.

Ash sighed.

" I have a plan..." He whispered. " And I don't think you're gonna like part of it..."

Eiji slowly set down his spoon and pushed his bowl aside. That was never good.

" Tell me."

" I'm going to Japan with you, Eiji. But we're leaving Saturday night. Once we go through with this, we have to get the hell out of dodge..." Ash reached across the table and gripped Eiji's hand.

Eiji's eyes beaded from side to side. Ash was coming home with him? But why so soon?

" That's only three days from now... and go through with what?" He whispered, then squeezed Ash's hand back.

" I have an old friend on the inside... Dino tried to hire him to kill you, but he's really working with us. Shorter knows everything... and he and Alex are already making arrangements for me to leave. But first, I have to kill Dino, and I have to take their scientists captive..." Ash explained, then rubbed Eiji's palm. " Shorter has enough on them where if they don't cooperate with the media, the other mafia dons will have to take them out anyways..."

Eiji sat in silence and listened. He knew he couldn't stop Ash from getting revenge.

" After this all happens and we expose everything... you, Ibe, and I... we all have to get to Japan. I have a passport and I'll figure out the immigration stuff later, but it won't be a factor right away. I can protect you and your family... and you can go back to normal school in Japan." Ash told him, kissing the top of Eiji's hand.

" Am I supposed to be mad?" Eiji asked. " I mean, I don't want you to fight... but I know I can't stop you. So... here's what I'll say, Ash... when you come with, you're getting your GED, and you're going to take entrance exams for college... otherwise I'm not going to accept this."

Ash pursed his lips.

" That's your counter?"

" Yes..." Eiji evilly smiled. " You really should. You could be a rocket scientist or something."

" Oh shut up..." Ash huffed. " I'm more interested in meeting your family..."

Eiji blushed and glanced to the side.

" They still don't know you're a guy..."

" That should be interesting." Ash snorted. " You're sure you don't want me to-"

" It'll be a surprise. I'm sure they'll love you."

Eiji was sure that even if it would take his folks time to get used to, they would've loved Ash. The blonde was so handsome and charismatic, not to mention brilliant. What wasn't to like? Well, other than the fact that he was a gang leader and a murderer? Exactly! Nothing. He'd be fine.

Plus... his parents wouldn't have to know everything right away. They only knew what Ibe had told them, so it wasn't like they'd been debriefed on everything that Ash was. He just hoped that they would adjust well to him sooner rather than later, and that things wouldn't be too awkward.

" Do I really have to get my degree in something, though? I'm not too good with blackmail..." Ash sighed and shook his head. He felt like the education he'd received from Dino was more than enough.