Prayers

{ Thank you to everyone who has been rereading and asking me if I'm okay. Sorry. I'm not okay. My mental health issues have been on a downward spiral and my physical health issues depleted a lot of my energy for the past months. I put on a brave face. I hate to see people worry, especially those I love, which would include all of you guys, since you are a very important part of my life and I know many people rely on me. I'm alive. I've been working with some of the best doctors in the state and doing at home therapy. My two jobs and full college load don't help my condition, but here's an update. Again, I'm so thankful for all of you. I didn't get any hate for being gone for a few months, and for that, I am grateful. I'm blessed to have such a kind following. I'll do my best to recover from all of this as quickly as I can, but my doctors are not sure about the timeline. 

For now, enjoy the chapter and live well. 

Love Soki. }

With nightfall having come down on the city, Ash was on his way to meet with one of the most dangerous gang leaders in downtown Manhattan. Cain Blood was a man who was responsible for much of the drug market from there, stretching all the way to Harlem. In his ranks were many men who were very aggressive. It was almost like that was required of someone to be in the gang.

They were dangerous, much like with Ash's gang and every other. And now, it was up to Ash to convince him they needed to have an alliance. Everyone had cautioned him, saying that Cain and his people hated white guys, but he wasn't scared.

Arriving to the slum of a bar they used as a hangout, Ash was immediately looked at as an outsider. He ignored it, coming more inside. Cain knew he was coming, being as Shorter had sent him a message pertaining to it.

" You're a pretty boy just like they said you would be..."

Ash looked up to see a tall, handsome, muscular man with chocolate colored skin and sunglasses, even if it was nighttime. He knew this had to be Cain.

" And you're just as tall as they said..." Ash approached. He couldn't show any signs of weakness, what with the entire room being full of big guys just like Cain, who he guessed, would be more than willing to rip him apart.

Cain chuckled to himself, taking a drink of the whiskey that sat beside him. Ash was roughly six feet away from the other gang leader.

" You've got some major balls coming to me alone..." Cain said, and Ash didn't stir at that. He knew coming to him was risky, but he wasn't going to bow in the face of anyone. There was no way in hell he would ever do that.

Ash stayed silent for a moment, knowing that Cain had more to say.

" Now... enlighten me, Ash. What do you want with my men?"

Ash thought about how to word what he was going to say. He didn't want to look scared of Cain or even intimidated.

" I want an alliance. Pull your business out of downtown and help me take out Arthur." The blonde explained, his tone of voice being very intense.

Cain scoffed.

" The downtown is my main source of gains. Why would I do that?" He asked, and some of his guys began to laugh amongst themselves in the dimly lit room.

" Because if you don't, Arthur will come for you eventually. The mafia is backing him, and as of right now, you are low on his priority list, but if he knocks Shorter or me out of the game, you and your men are history." Ash told him, and his voice didn't waver once. He was in full business mode. " So what I'm saying to you is, team up with me, or we all die."