Messy

{ *walking to my writing chair*

*spills teacup all over this story*

sHIT!}

Eiji, Ibe, and Skip were all in one room. Eiji offered to sleep on the floor, but was beaten to it as Ibe already had. That led to Skip taking over one of the beds and offering to share with Eiji. It was cramped in a single room, but Shorter wasn't taking chances. He'd listened to Ash's words and was certain that something fishy was going on. Yut-Lung... he was too quiet and apprehensive.

As Shorter sat with a glass of water in the kitchen, he clutched his purple hair and thought about what to do. There was only so much he would take from the elders, even if his late parents had always spoken to trust them. Ash was his best friend and closest confidant, so he had to be careful about his choices.

When he heard a creak behind him, he turned and pulled his knife.

" Woah, hey-"

He had the Chinese male pinned against the fridge soon enough, knowing he had to press for information.

" You're not who you say." Shorter growled. " Drop the quiet kid act and tell me who you really are."

" I really have no clue what you me-"

Shorter wrapped his hand around Yut-Lung's throat and squeezed, the long ponytail of hair that the other had sliding off to the side. That's when he noticed something black underneath his fingers: ink. He pulled back and saw that it was a dragon of the Lee family seal. So he was from the clan!

An evil laughter started to erupt from Yut-Lung and he smirked.

" You are to obey me from now on... Shorter Wong."

" Like hell I will!" Shorter yelled.

" Unless you want your sister in Chinatown six feet under, yes you will... higher up orders say so." Yut-Lung checked his nails and then looked at Shorter with a shit eating expression.

" The higher ups?" Shorter asked in a quieter tone.

" Mhm..."

" But they're not involved with Dino that way... they want him dead just as much as the rest of us!"

" The situation has changed." The long haired male responded, getting closer. " I'm here to make sure their objective is achieved, and you, my puppet, are going to make that happen for me or else..."

Shorter grit his teeth and stormed into the hall. What else could he say? His sister had raised him for God's sake! And with Ash not there... what could he do?!

" Say a word to Ash and you're done for." Yur-Lung added as Shorter went upstairs. He knew that bad, really bad things were to come. But as long as he had been left to tend with Ash's business, he couldn't abandon his people. He knew as long as they kept the bedroom door locked, he would have time to sleep on it, decide what to do. He was sure he would receive orders in the morning.

Shorter arrived back in the room and locked the door, then propped a chair from the desk under it. He slipped out of his shoes and crashed on the bed.

Eiji and Skip glanced at each other, then decided to let him sleep. It wasn't like they didn't all have a lot going on. Although... Eiji wondered if he'd even be able to sleep.

" Hey, Skip..." Eiji began quietly. He heard Shorter and Ibe snoring and knew he shouldn't wake them.

Skip nodded as if to show he was paying attention.